I made lots of mistakes PLEASE HELP

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

i understand you're in freakout mode. but at this point you're getting too worked up, and need to take a break. 
wake up in the morning, watch some videos about it. try again. 
clear cmos, reflash the bios if you can get video. 

+1 to this. And OP, if all else fails, contact Asus support. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost a topic to get new answers. Keep the discussion to one topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

i understand you're in freakout mode. but at this point you're getting too worked up, and need to take a break. 
wake up in the morning, watch some videos about it. try again. 
clear cmos, reflash the bios if you can get video. 

ok ive just been trying to get a working pc for so long and with the GPU shortage and stuff its been hard. This just pissed me off that it isn't working now. I am confused and worried I fucked something up and lost money. I'm gonna sleep now. fuck computers

Remove the power cable from your computer, this makes sure the power supply is not giving power to your motherboard.  

Remove the battery on your motherboard for at least 5-10 seconds. Make it 30 seconds to be extra sure.  There's a metal bit on the edge of the round battery holder which you typically squeeze/press to the side of the battery holder, to release the battery. 

Removing the battery does the same thing as the advice above about shorting two pins on the motherboard, it simply disconnects the battery from the chip which holds the settings. So if you remove the battery from the motherboard, the same thing happens. 

Put the battery back in, put the power cable back, turn on the power supply if it has an on/off switch in the back. 

make sure the video card is fully inserted into the slot. Make sure your monitor is connected to the video card, not to the onboard connectors. 

Turn on your PC and wait at least a minute or so. Especially after a bios update, it can take a minute or more for everything to initialize, and it may also take up to 2-3 reboots for things to be done. 

if you're still out of luck, follow the bios flash back procedures in the manual, if the motherboard has a bios flashback feature.

2 minutes ago, pleasehelp69 said:

ok ive just been trying to get a working pc for so long and with the GPU shortage and stuff its been hard. This just pissed me off that it isn't working now. I am confused and worried I fucked something up and lost money. I'm gonna sleep now. fuck computers

Chill. 

Worst case scenario, you have a bad bios chip now, an incomplete bios update, so your motherboard isn't working. Everything else is fine. 

You may be able to use bios flashback to update it, if the motherboard has such feature.

If that fails you may be able to do the update process again blindly (assume a PS/2 keyboard and USB still works even though you  don't see anything on screen) and simply press the keyboard shortcut for that EZ Flash update, and look at the pictures in manual or ask someone else with this motherboard or similar Asus bios to record how to reach that EZ Flash screen for you) and you repeat the steps without seeing anything on screen. 

If that also fails, you could always go with just the motherboard to a service place / repair place - they can program the bios chip by connecting wires directly to the pins of that chip, so they don't need to have a working motherboard to reprogram the bios chip.  It will cost you maybe 20$ or something like that, it's a 10-30 minute job, but you'll get a working motherboard.

10 hours ago, pleasehelp69 said:

wtf is a jumper metal conducter thing idk that stuff

you don't necesarly need a jumper u can also use any metal conductor like a screwdriver to make contact between the two pins one like the one on the image should help u

WIN_20210531_10_42_51_Pro.jpg

Just now, HoloPro75 said:

you don't necesarly need a jumper u can also use any metal conductor like a screwdriver to make contact between the two pins