npm - What was the Angular CLI called before?

pythonmegapixel

Every time I run the ng command it prints this warning:

As a forewarning, we are moving the CLI npm package to "@angular/cli" with the next release,
which will only support Node 6.9 and greater. This package will be officially deprecated
shortly after.

There are instructions below for muting the warning, and it's very tempting to do that, but in reality what I ought to do is reinstall the Angular CLI from the new package.

Problem is, all of the documentation now references the new package name, and I can't figure out what the old one was in order to remove it so I can install the new one!

Can someone tell me what the npm package name for the Angular CLI was before it was @angular/cli please? Alternatively is there a better way of switching to the new package?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Does "npm list | grep cli" give any usable results? In my case I get

npm list | grep cli
├── @angular/cli@11.2.9
├── @angular/compiler-cli@11.2.10

~edit: The old name was apparently

@angular/angular-cli

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply