Tips for buying a new PC as a beginner

Bonedog

Hello,

sorry if this doenst belong here but I am currently looking for a new PC to use for home-office and occasanly play some games. I know the prebuilt PCs you find on the internet tend to be not worth it but I am a complete beginner and cant build it myself.

Is there any site that you could recommend for buying a generally OK pc? Games i play are not the newest and "best" and they dont have to be on Ultra settings.

Thanks in advance

• Processor: AMD® Ryzen 3 4300GE (4 x 3.5 GHz - 4 GHz)
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz Crucial
  • GPU: AMD Radeon Graphics
  • SSD: 256 GB SSD Apacer
  • Mainboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64Bit

This is currently the one I think is ok? Costs 620€

It is not that hard to build a PC. Read about it, ask questions, and there plenty of YouTube Videos to get started.

Heyo I've actually been working on a site to help beginners build their first or a new PCs and I'm currently at the research stage.

I would love to help you figure out your build and what would work in exchange for a 15-30 minutes call to answer a few questions.

depending where you live an who you know it may be impossible to get a gpu for a reasonable price, or a pc built by a local builder they may over price the computer because of the GPU alone.

Prebuilds are not as bad as people say they are. They do bring usually good value for your money. But the biggest issue with major OEMs is that they are hard to upgrade. Which is the reason why you usually want desktop in first place.

So current situation is such that it might be even cheaper to go with prebuild. However, there's two types of prebuilds, OEM (HP, Alienware, Lenovo, Asus and such) and boutique builds which use off the shelf parts. Latter are things your local tech retailer might even offer. And you could also pick the parts and let them build it for you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv