MC server ip sharing

So I'm looking forward to making a Minecraft server at home and there is the part where I need to share my IP address in order to have people join the server from around the world so my question is is there anyway I can have them join my server without needing to share the IP address itself. Thanks for your time.

yes you can use something called

https://noip.com

just register a domain here and you can renew it every certain time period for free, better than not having it forever or even paying to say the least.

you can also use any other domain attached to your solution if you are planning to host professionally (professionally eg. goru.mcserver.net) . Most or some hosting services will give you a domain you will select to use, noip is just a free solution meant for personal stuff more than just professional.

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 hours ago, GorujoCY said:

just register a domain here and you can renew it every certain time period for free, better than not having it forever or even paying to say the least.

DuckDNS is also a good DDNS service. Does not require renewals.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

be aware while its true that you can get a domain so you dont need to give them the IP its also super easy for them to look up the ip thats behind that domain so you gain absolutely nothing overall.

1 hour ago, Pixel5 said:

be aware while its true that you can get a domain so you dont need to give them the IP its also super easy for them to look up the ip thats behind that domain so you gain absolutely nothing overall.

yes but op asked how he is able to not share his ip address in order for others to connect to a minecraft server and the solution is simply a DNS. not hide it, hiding it isnt easy and unless you are afraid of someone taking your ip, then pay a Dedicated MC server or a VPS/Cloud Machine and host it here.

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

15 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

yes but op asked how he is able to not share his ip address in order for others to connect to a minecraft server and the solution is simply a DNS. not hide it, hiding it isnt easy and unless you are afraid of someone taking your ip, then pay a Dedicated MC server or a VPS/Cloud Machine and host it here.

While yes buying from a hosting company is prob the best option, in reality, because the OP is hosting from home, the IP address of the server is shared with his router and all his other devices at home bc of NAT, maybe OP is afraid of a DOS attack, which would be very easy to do whether or not it is through a domain name he is hosting or an IP address. VPNs, and hosting services are guaranteed to be good options. But VPNs add latency. And maybe some of the sites others mentioned earlier would be a good alternative. Never heard of them but I'm not going to discredit them. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Just to reiterate, DNS doesnt "hide" your IP address, a Domain name just makes the address human readable. 

If you're worried about security, you either need

- DDoS Protection (Such as Cloudflare, they support Minecraft which will obfuscate your real IP address)

- Setup a "VPN" such as using Hamachi, but then your users will need Hamachi to connect

- Dont host it at home, and use a hosting provider. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA