can i run my TV at max settings?

Bayonett Priest

i just bought the LG 65NANO867NA  its 4K,65inch, 120 hz TV!

i have a 9900k anda asus rog 2080 ti i want to connect to teh TV! the thing is the gpu doesnt have the hdmi 2.1 that my TV posesses! only 2.0b!

do i have to convert one of my displayports to hdmi or is it even possible? oh and the TV is around 10+m(around 11 so would need a 15 m cable) away from my computer!

is there a cable like that?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

4k 120hz might be hit or miss because the 2080 ti is only hdmi 2.0 and not 2.1, you will likely need to disable HDR. But maybe high settings, maybe with dlss on.

The geek himself.

Theoretically you can do 4k 120hz with HDMI 2.0, but only with sub sampling which will decrease picture quality. There are displayport to HDMI 2.1 adapters that claim to support up to 4k 120hz, it might be worth trying one of those out. Just remember to buy it from Amazon or a store that offers free returns so you can return it in case it does not work

image.png.3e2c3677db1fe0b7be2f2a88dfdec104.png

53 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Theoretically you can do 4k 120hz with HDMI 2.0, but only with sub sampling which will decrease picture quality. There are displayport to HDMI 2.1 adapters that claim to support up to 4k 120hz, it might be worth trying one of those out. Just remember to buy it from Amazon or a store that offers free returns so you can return it in case it does not work

image.png.3e2c3677db1fe0b7be2f2a88dfdec104.png

for now there are no 15m long cables for displayport to hdmi! i can use a  displayportextendercable and then for the rest a displayport to hdmi!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

3 hours ago, Bayonett Priest said:

for now there are no 15m long cables for displayport to hdmi! i can use a  displayportextendercable and then for the rest a displayport to hdmi!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say but the maximum cable length for display port 1.4 is 5m, and for HDMI 2.1 is 25 feet or about 7.6m so you can't have a single cable going to your TV even if you had HDMI 2.1. HDMI 2.0 max length though is 15-20m. Also when I was talking about display port to HDMI, I wasn't exactly referring to a cable, rather an adapter like the one below

Club 3D Videoanschluß - DisplayPort / HDMI: Amazon.co.uk: Computers &  Accessories

17 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say but the maximum cable length for display port 1.4 is 5m, and for HDMI 2.1 is 25 feet or about 7.6m so you can't have a single cable going to your TV even if you had HDMI 2.1. HDMI 2.0 max length though is 15-20m. Also when I was talking about display port to HDMI, I wasn't exactly referring to a cable, rather an adapter like the one below

Club 3D Videoanschluß - DisplayPort / HDMI: Amazon.co.uk: Computers &  Accessories

not really both 2.0 and 2.1 anything beyond 10ft (on copper) you start loosing signal strength the longer it is (also cable dependent, some copper hdmi do ok). after 10ft its recommended optical hdmi or a booster (but no booster supports over 4k 60hz and theres no hdmi 2.1 booster yet)

9 minutes ago, circeseye said:

not really both 2.0 and 2.1 anything beyond 10ft (on copper) you start loosing signal strength the longer it is (also cable dependent, some copper hdmi do ok). after 10ft its recommended optical hdmi or a booster (but no booster supports over 4k 60hz and theres no hdmi 2.1 booster yet)

is there a 4k 60 booster? how much are they? you know some good ones?

40 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

is there a 4k 60 booster? how much are they? you know some good ones?

yea theres a bunch. just search on amazon hdmi 4k booster. just make sure it says supports 4k 60hz....id look at ones with a lot of reviews

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+4k+booster&crid=2PI862RI1SHJJ&sprefix=hdmi+4k+b%2Caps%2C238&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_9