Help with my first build

Louis_M

Budget: £850 GBP ($1200)

Systems use: 1080p FPS games like Warzone and Rust.

Im currently trying to build my first gaming PC but im not sure what components i should be using to achieve the best fps within my buget for the games listed above. I've done abit of research and i've managed to create this PC https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KwrJ9N would anyone suggest using different components? any help is greatly appreciated.

I would like to incorporate a bit of RGB in the build, currently within the motherboard and ram. Im planning on getting an RTX 3060 graphics card when prices settle is there a cheaper graphics card i should go for? 

Do you have a graphics card lying around? A Ryzen 5 3600 does not have an integrated GPU

Replace the 3600 with an i5 11400 and the motherboard with a B560. It's faster and has an iGPU which would be enough until prices come down. Once the prices are normal you can buy a better GPU.

Just now, Pixelfie said:

Replace the 3600 with an i5 11400 and the motherboard with a B560. It's faster and has an iGPU which would be enough until prices come down.

True
If you wanted to use it in the mean time, for non-graphicly intensive task
I would advise not going with a B560 board, due to the chipset

21 minutes ago, comicsansms said:

Do you have a graphics card lying around? A Ryzen 5 3600 does not have an integrated GPU

Currently i have an alienware x51 r2 which has a gtx 660 but its pretty much on its last legs

1 minute ago, Louis_M said:

Currently i have an alienware x51 r2 which has a gtx 660 but its pretty much on its last legs

hmm
okay
It might be doable, I would check PSU auciliary power 
It is a dell

Also
I was looking at the MoBo
I would advice going with this one
Almost same one, but I think it comes stock with the BIOS compatible with 3000-series

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/xYvqqs/asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-ii-atx-am4-motherboard-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-ii

3 minutes ago, FinOxy said:

hmm
okay
It might be doable, I would check PSU auciliary power 
It is a dell

Also
I was looking at the MoBo
I would advice going with this one
Almost same one, but I think it comes stock with the BIOS compatible with 3000-series

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/xYvqqs/asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-ii-atx-am4-motherboard-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-ii

Thanks for the motherboard solution, previously Pixelfie mention the I5-11400 being a better cpu and the prices are pretty much identical, would you recommend the rzyen 3600 over this?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£155.98 @ Novatech) 
Motherboard: ASRock B560M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (£74.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£74.36 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£34.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£33.93 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  (£380.00) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  (£49.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£52.17 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £855.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-24 13:50 BST+0100

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 hours ago, Louis_M said:

I had until recently a 650ti and could play FPS games like the forest at 1080p medium settings. A new system will lift the CPU bottlenecks and moving your current gtx 660 will get you by, but you'll be very limited by the 2GB of RAM on your card.

The RTX 3060 seems to be a great card. Personaly I have a GTX 1660 Super and I can warmly recommend it for 1080p gaming, it has good price / performance ratio, is cheaper and uses less power. It is a good alternative if the 3060 are still overpriced in 6 months or something, maybe slightly less future proof though.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, Louis_M said:

Thanks for the motherboard solution, previously Pixelfie mention the I5-11400 being a better cpu and the prices are pretty much identical, would you recommend the rzyen 3600 over this?

I don´t know
It would be down to the boards
It is true, that the i5-11400 has better single threaded, which is more important at gaming workloads, but the 3600 is not far from it