Dual monitor mount on a IKEA Idasen

Zyre

Hello,

Before I start I would like to mention that I'm not sure if this is the right topic to ask this under. Just let me know and I'll re-post.

Currently I have a IKEA Linnmon desk with two LG 27GL850's on them which use their included stand. I would really like to use a dual monitor monitor clamp so I can free up space under it.

I've read that the Linnmon is honeycomb inside and will break with time, so I'm looking at a new desk from IKEA. The IKEA Idasen looks very nice, but I'm not sure if the desk is strong enough. If the inside is also honeycomb that I fear it might break in a couple of months-years.

Are there users who use the IKEA Idasen who can let me know if a dual monitor mount will work and if the inside is honeycomb.

If you want to keep your current desk you can just get 2 sturdy but thin planks of wood and put that up and under your desk that spreads out the load on the table and makes it so you can mount it just fine. The idasen is indeed honeycomb so same issue.

That's a real shame, I miss the days of the Ikea Galant. I'm not a small dude but I can walk around on mine with not even a thought of it breaking. 

They replaced the Galant line with Bekant that is also a solid wood surface. Might want to look at that?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-corner-desk-left-white-stained-oak-veneer-white-s19282839/