What card should I get?

OutlawJoseph

After the prices go down I'm planning on getting an upgrade.I have a ryzen 3600,16gb ram,one 500gb ssd and one terabyte ssd,finally the gpu is a geforce 1050.I've been upgrading this Pc since 2018 when my mom got it for me(prebuilt) as a gift on christmas.I want it to be future proof for open world games and such.I had a 1660 super in mind but have been having second thoughts.

2 minutes ago, OutlawJoseph said:

After the prices go down I'm planning on getting an upgrade.I have a ryzen 3600,16gb ram,one 500gb ssd and one terabyte ssd,finally the gpu is a geforce 1050.I've been upgrading this Pc since 2018 when my mom got it for me(prebuilt) as a gift on christmas.I want it to be future proof for open world games and such.I had a 1660 super in mind but have been having second thoughts.

Honestly, just get the most powerful card you can get. 

But, remember bottlenecking - you also need a good CPU in most open world games. (when it comes to "future proofing")

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

if u can snag a 1080 ti for cheap or a 2080 ti for cheap you would be set

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

2 minutes ago, resolve_beta said:

if u can snag a 1080 ti for cheap or a 2080 ti for cheap you would be set

Neither of these can be bought cheep; 2080tis and the 1080tus go for more than launch MSRP now

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Neither of these can be bought cheep; 2080tis and the 1080tus go for more than launch MSRP now

I found my 1080 ti for 250$

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

2 minutes ago, resolve_beta said:

I found my 1080 ti for 250$

In shortages times? That's a steal. My 4gb 480 could sell for that.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, OutlawJoseph said:

I probably should Have said my budget which is looking like 200$-400$

There's honestly no good answer for this, any response is just pure speculation. My own speculation is that GPU prices will remain volatile and 'MSRP' is a useless figure that won't have any real relevance until (at least) this time next year. So yeah, as others have suggested just get the best card you can at the time.

Platform agnostic software engineer & small business owner. 

I can't really afford any of the cards which I want.I just bought the port for Days gone and really want to play it comfortably but don't want to spend 3,000$ to do so.Not gonna let the scalpers win.

3 minutes ago, OutlawJoseph said:

I can't really afford any of the cards which I want.I just bought the port for Days gone and really want to play it comfortably but don't want to spend 3,000$ to do so.Not gonna let the scalpers win.

I can sympathise.

I just sold an RTX 3070 for £1,000 here in the UK - it sold almost instantly, which means that there was a high demand for an RTX 3070 that's only (🤣) £1,000 and that I probably could have listed it for more and got more with a little more patience. Assuming you had such a card and were looking to sell it, you'd be bordering on insanity to list it for a lot less than what you _could_ get for it. Knowing that it sold so eagerly for £1,000 I'd feel like a total idiot if I sold it for £900 or even £800. Until those people willing to pay such high prices for a card are satisfied, the chances of you getting a card at a reasonable price are slim to none. I'd say if there's anyone to direct your frustrations towards, it's the people who are happy to pay so much for a card, or NVIDIA/the chip industry for failing to supply enough cards. 

Platform agnostic software engineer & small business owner.