Arctic Freezer AIO N/A

Indyski

This might be old news but I can’t find anything on it. I have an Asus Rog Strix X570-E MB. I installed a Artic Liquid Freezer 280 AIO. Fans are ran to the cpu fan header and the AIO pump is on the pump header. This pump does not use sata or usb to power... It also has a VRM fan built into the pump head that works fine. The pumps seems to be working (cpu temps stay around 41C degrees) but only displays N/A in the bios. It is very annoying because if I do have an issue I would like to be able to catch it before I damage my cpu. Anybody else ran into this? If so... how did you resolve the issue and get it to display rpms? Side note: All other fans report in bios fine. Thanks in advance for the help

You can't. Fans are plugged into the hub on the cooler. Pump is synchronized with fan speed. That's whats great with the Liquid Freezer series

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You can't. Fans are plugged into the hub on the cooler. Pump is synchronized with fan speed. That's whats great with the Liquid Freezer series

It's possible to control the fan and pump speed separately if you want - it's what I did.

The fan on my radiator isn't wired directly into the pump/block. It's connected to an extension, so if you disconnect it from the extension to the pump/block, use a fan extension to connect the fans to the CPU_FAN headers, and then connect the fan wire from the pump/block to the AIO_PUMP header you can control the pump and fan separately.

I leave the pump and fan at 100% all the time since I can't hear it anyway, but I did test with manual control of the pump and fan separately and it works fine.

elephants

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Well technically what's great about them is the fact that Freezer ships with the second best fans in the world and has a good coldplate for the cpu.

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Well technically what's great about them is the fact that Freezer ships with the second best fans in the world and has a good coldplate for the cpu.

The best thing is no software bs, but yes it's very capable. I recommend the freezer series to everybody.. Such great value

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

The best thing is no software bs, but yes it's very capable. I recommend the freezer series to everybody.. Such great value

i agree but, sadly in a world of RGB.. its not so hot

10 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It's possible to control the fan and pump speed separately if you want - it's what I did.

The fan on my radiator isn't wired directly into the pump/block. It's connected to an extension, so if you disconnect it from the extension to the pump/block, use a fan extension to connect the fans to the CPU_FAN headers, and then connect the fan wire from the pump/block to the AIO_PUMP header you can control the pump and fan separately.

I leave the pump and fan at 100% all the time since I can't hear it anyway, but I did test with manual control of the pump and fan separately and it works fine.

That is how I have mine connected but the pump just shows N/A...

35 minutes ago, Indyski said:

This might be old news but I can’t find anything on it. I have an Asus Rog Strix X570-E MB. I installed a Artic Liquid Freezer 280 AIO. Fans are ran to the cpu fan header and the AIO pump is on the pump header. This pump does not use sata or usb to power... It also has a VRM fan built into the pump head that works fine. The pumps seems to be working (cpu temps stay around 41C degrees) but only displays N/A in the bios. It is very annoying because if I do have an issue I would like to be able to catch it before I damage my cpu. Anybody else ran into this? If so... how did you resolve the issue and get it to display rpms? Side note: All other fans report in bios fine. Thanks in advance for the help

I have identical setup. If you keep fans hooked to AiO's internal connectors, it'll run pump and fans in sync and it'll also detect RPM. If you connect only pump to fan header and both fans on separate headers, the AiO will show no RPM and you'll have to ignore the warning if it's connected to PUMP or CPU header. It can be done under Monitoring page in BIOS.

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I have identical setup. If you keep fans hooked to AiO's internal connectors, it'll run pump and fans in sync and it'll also detect RPM. If you connect only pump to fan header and both fans on separate headers, the AiO will show no RPM and you'll have to ignore the warning if it's connected to PUMP or CPU header. It can be done under Monitoring page in BIOS.

I have the fans on the cpu fan header and the pump on the AIO pump header. Fans read fine. Pump is n/a in bios...

Just now, Indyski said:

I have the fans on the cpu fan header and the pump on the AIO pump header. Fans read fine. Pump is n/a in bios...

That's by design as AiO doesn't send any of pump RPM data to the connector and thus motherboard. There is no way around this unfortunately. You'll have to set monitoring of AiO's header to IGNORE. It'll still work, you just won't get any warnings if it dies or whatever.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

That's by design as AiO doesn't send any of pump RPM data to the connector and thus motherboard. There is no way around this unfortunately. You'll have to set monitoring of AiO's header to IGNORE. It'll still work, you just won't get any warnings if it dies or whatever.

That kind of sucks... seems a flaw Arctic needs to address. Didn’t have the issue with my Asus AIO but maybe because it runs from sata power. The only reason I went with the hookup I have is because I added 2 more fans for push/pull so I didn’t want to overpower the internal controller. Oh well... I guess I’ll just have to get over my OCD issue of something not working how I think it should lol. 

11 minutes ago, Indyski said:

That kind of sucks... seems a flaw Arctic needs to address. Didn’t have the issue with my Asus AIO but maybe because it runs from sata power. The only reason I went with the hookup I have is because I added 2 more fans for push/pull so I didn’t want to overpower the internal controller. Oh well... I guess I’ll just have to get over my OCD issue of something not working how I think it should lol. 

I think reason they did it this way is because block has a pump and a fan. Which RPM would you show to the user? Or give them control over? I think that's the issue here.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I think reason they did it this way is because block has a pump and a fan. Which RPM would you show to the user? Or give them control over? I think that's the issue here.

Thanks for the help!