SOLVED: (Bent pin) PC won't post with 5800x installed

EDIT: Returned on warranty and turns out it was one rogue bent pin that stopped it from posting. Classic AMD

I'm probably doing something silly here but I'll go through what I've done:

1. Downloaded f32 and f33i bios updates for the aorus x570 pro wifi (my motherboard) to a flash drive

2. Ran bios and updated to f32 with flash drive (I heard the ones with letters on the ends are betas and are less stable)

3. Finishes, reboots. Check bios and it says it is on f32 now. 

4. Boots fine with my 3700x still, sweet time to swap it out.

5. Power off, cooler off. Swap out the cpus so the 5800x is in it now.

6. Power back on and pressed power button. No lights or anything appear.

7. Put 3700x back in, it boots just fine.

8. Tried again but with f33i. Seems all good again and shows as updated in bios. Tried again and same issue.

I then read about a CMOS clear and thought I should give it a crack. When I power back on after the CMOS clear, I can see a light flash on the motherboard once. Then the issue persists and the light will only appear if I turn the power on after doing the CMOS clear.

Any ideas why it posts fine with the 3700x but not the 5800x? Pretty sure the Aorus X570 pro wifi is compatible with a 5800x after the bios update. But am I missing a step somewhere? Guess I'll just go back to the 3700x for now but obviously would be ideal to get this 5800x working.

Edited by Mopshond

I haven’t heard of a hardware combination where a 5800 just fails but a 3700 doesn’t.  Doesn’t mean there isn’t one.  can you RMA the CPU? I’m guessing there’s some reason why you haven’t. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I haven’t heard of a hardware combination where a 5800 just fails but a 3700 doesn’t.  Doesn’t mean there isn’t one.  can you RMA the CPU? I’m guessing there’s some reason why you haven’t. 

Yeah I will probably just return it on warranty and see if they think it is broken too because I can't really test it in another machine. Everything seems right from what I gathered. Currently f33i bios. Runs fine with the 3700x, doesn't even budge with the 5800x. Seems to be the common denominator.

Hello.. You need to remove all Sata and USB drives. Turn off PSU. Put in Ryzen 5000. Clear CMOS (or just remove cmos battery for 5 min, i would just do that) 

Re-flash F32, when Ryzen 5000 is in the board. If that dosen't work flash F30, then F32. 🙂

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

37 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Hello.. You need to remove all Sata and USB drives. Turn off PSU. Put in Ryzen 5000. Clear CMOS (or just remove cmos battery for 5 min, i would just do that) 

Re-flash F32, when Ryzen 5000 is in the board. If that dosen't work flash F30, then F32. 🙂

Interesting ideas. I do have a sata ssd and a m.2 ssd. You say I'd need to disconnect both or just the sata one? Willing to try the CMOS clear again because that at least made a light appear when I turned on the power again (only once after the clear though).

I'll put f32 back on but mind you, it doesn't even boot to bios when the 5800x is in the board. So I can only get to bios by putting the 3700x back in the machine. I wouldn't be able to flash the bios with the 5800x in because nothing happens.

I'll try removing the sata drive and see how we go.

You only need to disconnect sata and USB's.. The board supports flashing with no CPU, so installing 5800x would be fine 😉

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.