New Build Suggestions afte Watching "Maybe Building Your Own PC is a BAD Idea"

Budget (including currency): ~$1300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: ETA for now.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

This will be my 2nd full build from scratch after upgrading my current system for the last time. I am currently waiting on a 3060 TI, so I might have one in hand by 2022. I the mean time I will be using the graphics available with the Intel CPU.

My current idea of list of parts minus a GPU can be found at PCPARKPICKER.    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Monte319/saved/#view=LFsgBm

I posted on PcMech before coming here and got some great help from GLC. Below is beginning to final product I hope to build in the near future. Since I am not in a huge hurry, I will be watching prices/sales to get the most for the least price.

https://forum.pcmech.com/threads/new-build-suggestions-welcom-waiting-on-a-3060-ti.243543/

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

Permission denied.

Try to make the list public.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Monte319 said:

You're spending $610 on your CPU mobo and cooler for intel when you can get a lot more CPU performance for $10 more. I would personally never pair an i5 with a $240 motherboard and $110 cooler. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($421.05 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S redux 70.75 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.94 @ Amazon) 
Total: $620.94

4 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

You're spending $610 on your CPU mobo and cooler for intel when you can get a lot more CPU performance for $10 more. I would personally never pair an i5 with a $240 motherboard and $110 cooler. 

Will not work, as AMD has no integrated graphics. unless you plan on using your pc without video signal, Intel is the only option for new builds if you don’t have a gpu, unless u get a g-series AMD processor, which are quite expensive and only max out at 4 cores. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

7 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

OP doesn't have a GPU, so they need the iGPU. Don't know if that's the only reason for going Intel, but they did specifically mention it as one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, FireAbyss111802 said:

Will not work, as AMD has no integrated graphics. unless you plan on using your pc without video signal, Intel is the only option for new builds if you don’t have a gpu, unless u get a g-series AMD processor, which are quite expensive and only max out at 4 cores. 

I was just about to ask "Does the AMD chip have integrated graphics?"

1 minute ago, Monte319 said:

well most amd processors have no integrated processors because they assume you will buy a dedicated gpu for maximum gaming perfomance, and to pack more cores etc. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

I am also going Intel becuase right now from what I have read, the i5-11600K Rocket Lake is the best bang for your bust when it comes to gaming.

2 minutes ago, Monte319 said:

Sorry, I completely missed that part. Yea it doesn't. You can swap it for the 11700k instead with a more affordable mobo and cooler or just grab an older GPU off ebay until you're able to get something better. 

40 minutes ago, Monte319 said:

Budget (including currency): ~$1300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: ETA for now.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

This will be my 2nd full build from scratch after upgrading my current system for the last time. I am currently waiting on a 3060 TI, so I might have one in hand by 2022. I the mean time I will be using the graphics available with the Intel CPU.

My current idea of list of parts minus a GPU can be found at PCPARKPICKER.    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Monte319/saved/#view=LFsgBm

I posted on PcMech before coming here and got some great help from GLC. Below is beginning to final product I hope to build in the near future. Since I am not in a huge hurry, I will be watching prices/sales to get the most for the least price.

https://forum.pcmech.com/threads/new-build-suggestions-welcom-waiting-on-a-3060-ti.243543/

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

I would recommend getting RAM with a lower clock speed (3200 or 3000) as memory that fast is unnecessary with intel, and instead spend that extra money on RAM with a better cas-latency (CL)

9 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

I would recommend getting RAM with a lower clock speed (3200 or 3000) as memory that fast is unnecessary with intel, and instead spend that extra money on RAM with a better cas-latency (CL)

Any suggestion? Crucial, Gskill, Corsair, etc?