Weirdly specific question about a case fan that probably will have very little impact on my actual build

DaddyWorf

So I've been wanting to build a computer since I was in high school when my mother told me she'd do it with me, never fully got around to it because life got in the way, and I'm going into my third year of college now. I do have some parts that I've been gathering slowly and I am gonna finish it this month or the next, but to make a long story short I have an old haf x saved away, and yes I know its an old design but I had always liked it and I have it so I might as well just use it now and if I want to get something newer later on I always can. Anyway I recently came across the old retail version of the 200mm fans it shipped with deep within pcpartpicker, and it turns out they're rated for something absurd like 110 cfm at 700 rpm. I'm taking that with a huge grain of salt, but that's very impressive if its true especially because they run silently. Now I was originally gonna try and get a custom loop going, maybe even get gpu with a built in block, but the fact that you can't get the exact cards you want and the realization that a custom loop may or may not be ambitious for a first build led me to my new plan, to just slap in an AIO and call it a day. I mean I'd welcome input on that, I did eventually end up with an msi 3070 ventus 2x by spending the mornings of my day at my local micro center on their delivery day (wasn't my first choice cardwise buy hey at least I got one I can always exchange when things die down) but my real question is just can anyone confirm that those fans do actually push that much air? Mine still work. I was looking into the best replacement because their low speed led me to assume that they sucked but if they don't I'll just clean them up a little. I know one is a little loose.

As a owner of a case with 2x 200mm front fans (CM H500m) I can say that they push very much air from the amount of not much noise. Better noice to CFM than 120 or 140mm fans can do. 

How much cfm? never testet it.

Well I mean from a physics standpoint I know that the bigger fan is gonna have an easier time pushing the air I was just comparing it to the stats pcpartpicker listed for more modern fans. Very few are as quiet. But I guess it depends on real world circumstances.

58 minutes ago, DaddyWorf said:

Well I mean from a physics standpoint I know that the bigger fan is gonna have an easier time pushing the air I was just comparing it to the stats pcpartpicker listed for more modern fans. Very few are as quiet. But I guess it depends on real world circumstances.

"modern fans" hehe 
the 200mm from my haf 922 (brother case of ur haf x) is alot more noisey than the 200mm from my H500m, so here is where the modern comes in i guess.
(you can buy these fans from coolermaster and but them into ur Haf x)

If i were to guess its prob some fans from Arctic and Noctua that can match CFM to noise. but i would not bet on it 😛 

• 2 weeks later...

Larger fans can push more air at lower RPM but static pressure usually isn't that great. So 200mm fans would suck @ pushing through rads/fin stacks but would be ideal for moving air inside of a case that is roomy. 

I think arctic as some 180mm fans that go to 1800ish rpm that may have enough static pressure for rads and watercool.de has a noctua 200mm high rpm 1200ish fans for watercooling that has higher static pressure thanks to the rpm increase. Higher the rpm the noisier they will be.

Fans on the CM 500 mesh are way quieter than the 140mm ones on the Meshify C that are in my house.