Highlight to quote on Android

Moonzy

Browser, version and OS: Android 10 chrome

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Long press to highlight, then drag it

It you happen to drag it across the text "quote selection", it'll proceed to highlight many things outside of the message box

After that occurred, you won't see the "quote selection" prompt anymore, I'm assuming because you highlighted parts that can't be quoted before

What did you expect to happen?

Being able to highlight better, without making it highlight the entire page when my finger moves onto the button while highlighting text

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The "quote selection" button is set up to not allow highlighting, and that part seems to be working in my testing. I was going to dismiss this as a Chrome bug, but reading the spec it seems that the behaviour you're experiencing is actually how the browser "don't allow highlighting" feature is specified to work. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to work around it.

However, there does seem to be a bug that is causing the tooltip not to reappear when the selection is moved back inside the post. You can work around it by scrolling the page with your finger inside the post, but I will report it to IPS to hopefully get it fixed.

HTTP/2 203