I use my sisters old school laptop ( Acer Swift 314 54 Intel core i3 8th gen 813OU with 4 gigs of ram and a 128gb ssd). How do I upgrade it?

You basically can't upgrade your laptop. You can just open it up and put a new CPU or RAM. This is because each laptop is designed for the model not industry wide standards. This is why when you open two different laptops they could look completely different

Sorry to diappoint you.

Acer Swift 3 (SF314-56) disassembly and upgrade options

This video shows you how to disassemble your laptop

Your laptop has 4GB of ram soldered directly onto you motherboard which you cannot upgrade. However there should be another empty slot which can accept 8GB SODIMM DDR4 memory. You should use Task Manager to see how fast your RAM is running and check BIOS to make sure that your RAM is running at the highest allowed speed. This will also tell you what speed of RAM to buy when you are upgrading.

You can also upgrade your SSD if you want, but the RAM takes priority.

You wont be able to upgrade your CPU

7 minutes ago, HQi88 said:

Acer Swift 3 (SF314-56) disassembly and upgrade options

This video shows you how to disassemble your laptop

Your laptop has 4GB of ram soldered directly onto you motherboard which you cannot upgrade. However there should be another empty slot which can accept 8GB SODIMM DDR4 memory. You should use Task Manager to see how fast your RAM is running and check BIOS to make sure that your RAM is running at the highest allowed speed. This will also tell you what speed of RAM to buy when you are upgrading.

You can also upgrade your SSD if you want, but the RAM takes priority.

You wont be able to upgrade your CPU or processor

Muchas Gracias my dude or dudette i will check it out on the bios and task manager thx