i want to buy a new fan to my cpu but i dont know what i should pick

i have i7-8700 that most of the time is around 80-99°C and i want to cool it down

i saw that in most of linus's videos he was using fans from noctua and im not sure what will fit my case/cpu

i have an ANTEC case but i dont know the model BUT

if you played pc building simulator on steam i think you will know what case im talking about, but for the people that didnt played here is a screenshot:

image.thumb.png.a53ae1dae1c1a356b2a1264fc1c9fc0a.png

sorry for my camera resolution i know its bad im only using it for zoom so i dont care

If your CPU is that hot, I would first look into your cpu cooler. What cpu cooler are you using/is it installed correctly and is correctly thermal pasted

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

If your CPU is that hot, I would first look into your cpu cooler. What cpu cooler are you using/is it installed correctly and is correctly thermal pasted

1.i didnt build my pc someone else did it

2.i think i have the stock cooler from what it looks like

1 minute ago, TomerGamerTV said:

2.i think i have the stock cooler from what it looks like

Can you send an image?

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Can you send an image?

image.thumb.png.64d6ce264e7cdab9d06998e4210dda5d.pngcan you see it?

2 minutes ago, TomerGamerTV said:

can you see it?

It does look to be a stock cooler.

If you want to get a better cooler on a budget, you can get an hyper 212 black edition

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HyTPxr/cooler-master-hyper-212-black-edition-420-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1

If you want to spend a bit more to get even lower temps, I would get a Fuma 2

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YsHRsY/scythe-fuma-2-5117-cfm-cpu-cooler-scfm-2000

11 minutes ago, TomerGamerTV said:

image.thumb.png.64d6ce264e7cdab9d06998e4210dda5d.pngcan you see it?

You have no exhaust fans, I recommend ordering/getting some fans when you buy your new CPU cooler. it is important to get the heat out of the case, or things can get a little toasty.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

21 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

If you want to get a better cooler on a budget, you can get an hyper 212 black edition

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HyTPxr/cooler-master-hyper-212-black-edition-420-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pk-r1

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YsHRsY/scythe-fuma-2-5117-cfm-cpu-cooler-scfm-2000

10 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

You have no exhaust fans, I recommend ordering/getting some fans when you buy your new CPU cooler. it is important to get the heat out of the case, or things can get a little toasty.

I would do both of those things.
Buy a good (2x120mm) CPU cooler as you can fit a good sized one in there.
And then 1 or 2 not to expensive fans for exhaust.

Should if set up right drop it by almost 15C.

LTT did a video about a really good cheap cooler just now. Might be the perfect for your case.

(altho there are way better ones but most likely also more expensive. And no you DO NOT NEED a Noctua, they are just a good brand.)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

a pic with the side panel off would be nice

Pretty obvious this is the cooler, you really need more info? 😛

Screenshot_103.png

But i do agree, the picture should've been with the panel off.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 hours ago, curiousmind34 said:

what is that company name?

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

I would do both of those things.

LTT did a video about a really good cheap cooler just now. Might be the perfect for your case.

(altho there are way better ones but most likely also more expensive. And no you DO NOT NEED a Noctua, they are just a good brand.)

it wont make a lot of noise?

and do you have any recommendations?

Edited by TomerGamerTV

2 hours ago, curiousmind34 said:

it event supports intel?

5 hours ago, TomerGamerTV said:

it event supports intel?

Fuma 2 

Socket 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+, AM4, 2066, 1200

i7-8700 has socket 1151 so yes

Furthermore you should get an exhaust FAN 140 mm 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, SamClan said:

Fuma 2 

Socket 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+, AM4, 2066, 1200

i7-8700 has socket 1151 so yes

Furthermore you should get an exhaust FAN 140 mm 

someone said i need 3 but i will be going with 2, why i need 140mm and will it fit my case?

1 hour ago, TomerGamerTV said:

someone said i need 3 but i will be going with 2, why i need 140mm and will it fit my case?

oh is there already the Fuma 3? 

why 140 mm instead of 120mm, noise, and the amount of air it can push through, if it fits, it normally should BUT you can measure it from hole to hole. 140 mm. 

something that is way more important is if you need a 3 pin or a 4 pin (PWM) FAN. The fans you have right now should go into a hub and that hub should have 3 or 4 pins to control the Speed of the FAN. IF there is not a HUB or any kind of control possibility. Your Mainboard should have a Sys_Fan 1 or Sys_Fan 2. that is normally a 4 pin. Look it up in the Manual. you can plug it in there and control it via bios 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

5 hours ago, SamClan said:

oh is there already the Fuma 3? 

why 140 mm instead of 120mm, noise, and the amount of air it can push through, if it fits, it normally should BUT you can measure it from hole to hole. 140 mm. 

something that is way more important is if you need a 3 pin or a 4 pin (PWM) FAN. The fans you have right now should go into a hub and that hub should have 3 or 4 pins to control the Speed of the FAN. IF there is not a HUB or any kind of control possibility. Your Mainboard should have a Sys_Fan 1 or Sys_Fan 2. that is normally a 4 pin. Look it up in the Manual. you can plug it in there and control it via bios 

i meant that someone said that i need 3 fans but if you are saying that 140mm is better now im not sure if it will fit... how i can keep them at the side of the back panel?

What motherboard are you using? Are you using default motherboard settings?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, HanZie82 said:

you mean this?

he is talking about a CPU cooler that has 2 fans in it, normally 120mm  fans. and one or two exhaust fans. one should be enough but if you want to have 2 it is no problem. 

in your picture you got 3 fans that take fresh air in (front) and none which takes the hot air out. 

so you should buy one fan and place it on your backside of the case. you measure the distance of those long "holes" and you will see if 140mm or 120 mm will fit. 

so yes in total you should have 3 new fans in your system 2 that will come with the new cpu cooler and another one you buy separate. 

image.png.613ac78c919e39cd252da65cb0997fdf.png

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What motherboard are you using? Are you using default motherboard settings?

what do you mean default mother board settings? you mean the bios? i have only XMP or something like that enabled i think

motherboard model is: Z370M DS3H-CF

11 hours ago, SamClan said:

you mean this?

he is talking about a CPU cooler that has 2 fans in it, normally 120mm  fans. and one or two exhaust fans. one should be enough but if you want to have 2 it is no problem. 

in your picture you got 3 fans that take fresh air in (front) and none which takes the hot air out. 

so you should buy one fan and place it on your backside of the case. you measure the distance of those long "holes" and you will see if 140mm or 120 mm will fit. 

so yes in total you should have 3 new fans in your system 2 that will come with the new cpu cooler and another one you buy separate. 

image.png.613ac78c919e39cd252da65cb0997fdf.png

okay so i found some coolers for the cpu:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H25DYM3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

and it costs more then i think its better? less noise?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QMK5R45/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1K48CS0K3BRLW&psc=1

any recommendations about the other 2 coolers for the back?

2 hours ago, TomerGamerTV said:

okay so i found some coolers for the cpu:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H25DYM3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

and it costs more then i think its better? less noise?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QMK5R45/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1K48CS0K3BRLW&psc=1

any recommendations about the other 2 coolers for the back?

I would  go with the Fuma 2, because it should produce less noise and lower temps. But as always check your specs if it fit into your case. (hight might be a problem) 

be quiet 140 silent wings 3 pwm, but you have to check if it fits. 

why do I go for be quiet? well those are affordable, silent and for that pretty cheap. I am not a fan of RGB they have none. 

a tip the air is pulling from the sight of the logo, that means the logo faces your cpu. If your are not sure take a string after installing and hold it infront of it. you will see which way the fan is pulling or pushing. 

Edited by SamClan
more information

10 hours ago, TomerGamerTV said:

what do you mean default mother board settings? you mean the bios? i have only XMP or something like that enabled i think

motherboard model is: Z370M DS3H-CF

Yes, I mean the bios. The motherboard should ship with default settings. They can be enabled with the load default settings option.

I was asking since many motherboards have a setting along the lines of 'multicore enhancement' enabled by default. This is a setting that's effectively an auto-oc that can use high voltage and cause high temps. If the setting is on, turning it off may fix your temp issues. 

The motherboard manual states that the default setting for 'Enhanced Multi-Core Performance' is set to Auto (enabled / on). Try disabling that setting and see if temps are better. The setting can be found under M.I.T. > Advanced Frequency Settings. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/22/2021 at 3:50 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, I mean the bios. The motherboard should ship with default settings. They can be enabled with the load default settings option.

I was asking since many motherboards have a setting along the lines of 'multicore enhancement' enabled by default. This is a setting that's effectively an auto-oc that can use high voltage and cause high temps. If the setting is on, turning it off may fix your temp issues. 

The motherboard manual states that the default setting for 'Enhanced Multi-Core Performance' is set to Auto (enabled / on). Try disabling that setting and see if temps are better. The setting can be found under M.I.T. > Advanced Frequency Settings. 

But disabling it won’t make the cpu slower?

3 hours ago, TomerGamerTV said:

But disabling it won’t make the cpu slower?

Yes but you're better off changing the settings manually to avoid high voltage and temps when aiming for more performance.