vram mod in bios

hi, i was wondering what would happen if you modded a gpu bios so it can mine coins that need more vram. Does this work or not? 

7 minutes ago, Timofn said:

hi, i was wondering what would happen if you modded a gpu bios so it can mine coins that need more vram. Does this work or not? 

Well, you can't add VRAM to a GPU, so if the mining program needs more than the GPU has, it will either crash or slow down, depending on how well the mining program was written. My guess is it would crash.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Well, you can't add VRAM to a GPU, so if the mining program needs more than the GPU has, it will either crash or slow down, depending on how well the mining program was written. My guess is it would crash.

even if you would mod it to let it think it has more vram?

Just now, Timofn said:

even if you would mod it to let it think it has more vram?

You can't fake what isn't there.

Ever seen videos of counterfeit video cards playing games that demand more than what the GPU physically has?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

You can't fake what isn't there.

Ever seen videos of counterfeit video cards playing games that demand more than what the GPU physically has?

yeah they always artifact