Wifi on Windows 4 TIMES SLOWER than on Linux!

SkyFire69

i got a 100 mbps fiber connection recently

It works flawlessly on every device except my 2 laptops while using windows with the same Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174A wifi card.

I have a pop os(ubuntu distro) dual boot on one of those laptops and on pop os i easily get 110-120 mbps up and down while downloading something using speedtest

However on windows on both laptops i am only able to get around 25 Mbps or so. I have tried

1) Reseting everything network related on both laptops (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-download-speed-is-slow-on-only-one-device/65528449-efc9-4582-8d70-4220b43e0a6c)
2) Changing the wireless mode on both laptops (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/550011)

3) Perform a clean boot on both laptops (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows)
4) Uninstalling, disbaling, enabling updating the wifi card drivers on both laptops
However nothing has worked
NOTE:-
1) I am using 5 GHz on both laptops and on ubuntu and windows
2) Both the laptop and router support AC Wifi so have a lot of extra bandwidth to work with

ALSO: The local file transfer speeds are abysmal like i am getting 16-17 mbps on doing that

Wouldn't be surprised if its windows doing something in the background. Only reason I still even use windows over Linux at this point is because of stability and support for games. If I moved over to Linux I would have a lot more problems with some of my games, especially older ones or indie games who don't have the resources to expand to the smaller Linux base.

@Molik Mishra

A quick Google search showed others with the opposite experience, so I guess you're lucky-ish.

When logged into Windows, go to Windows Update to see if anything is being actively installed. Also, try disabling peer-to-peer updates while there.

Also, launch Task Manager and observe the Performance tab to see if there's NIC traffic and if there's any process that's consuming CPU resources.

11 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

@Molik Mishra

A quick Google search showed others with the opposite experience, so I guess you're lucky-ish.

When logged into Windows, go to Windows Update to see if anything is being actively installed. Also, try disabling peer-to-peer updates while there.

Also, launch Task Manager and observe the Performance tab to see if there's NIC traffic and if there's any process that's consuming CPU resources.

Ik i am in a weird position bcoz most people face internet problems on linux

and no there is no background activity sucking up my resources

task manager shows only chrome eating the bandwidth when i am downloading something from it