Maximum airflow ITX case?

Coca Cola

Hi, folks!

I'd really appreciate your expertise on my next PC build. I'm looking for an ITX case with maximum airflow for low temps. I know this isn't an easy ask as ITX builds are notorious hotboxes but I've heard the NR200 is good on temps and I'm not opposed to open case designs like the XTIA Xproto.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

P.S. Build will include 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB of Corsair RAM, NVME SSD, cooler depends on which case I go with

13 minutes ago, Coca Cola said:

XTIA Xproto

Absolutely one of the most stunning open frame designs I have ever seen.

The rest of the open frame PC cases tend to look like this:

61KEV4Fba0L._AC_SS450_.jpg

I have built one of these and the airflow is great, but the instructions to build it are pure fiction

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

(Edit, for a normal closed case) 5900x is gonna be hot no matter what unless you manage to get an AIO on it or undervolt/clock it hard. 

That being said, FormD T1 and SSUPD Meshilicious are two very good recent cases that are worth looking into. 

Edited by TVwazhere

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

(Edit, for a normal closed case) 5900x is gonna be hot no matter what unless you manage to get an AIO on it or undervolt/clock it hard. 

That being said, FormD T1 and SSUPD Meshilicious are two very good recent cases that are worth looking into. 

Do you think I'll need an AIO on the 5900x if I go for the XPROTO?

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Absolutely one of the most stunning open frame designs I have ever seen.

The rest of the open frame PC cases tend to look like this:

61KEV4Fba0L._AC_SS450_.jpg

I have built one of these and the airflow is great, but the instructions to build it are pure fiction

It's beautiful - the only thing holding me back is the insane shipping fees and the price hike when switching to a PCIE4 riser cable

Just now, Coca Cola said:

Do you think I'll need an AIO on the 5900x if I go for the XPROTO?

No, a large air tower should suffice. It's just the Xproto is not what most people would consider "real" itx due to its large size. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, Coca Cola said:

It's beautiful - the only thing holding me back is the insane shipping fees and the price hike when switching to a PCIE4 riser cable

Agreed, but what a thing of beauty it is...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

44 minutes ago, Coca Cola said:

You don't need a PCIe 4.0 riser if you configure your PCIe slots to run at Gen 3 speeds. You aren't losing out much. 

Three options: 

1. Not this beautiful case, get something else. 
  2. Get this case, but get a PCIe 3.0 riser and configure your PCIe to be Gen 3 too, you save money, get a great case, and lose a couple of FPS. 
  3. Spend the money to get  everything you want, but with a bigger dent in your checkbook. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)