Can I safely install this BIOS on my motherboard? (Dont want to brick anything)

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I believe the latest BIOS update still supports your processor. Generally, a note is included if a processor is no longer supported (notice how F30 shows that Bristol Ridge is no longer supported). I'm also pretty sure that your board supports Gigabyte's DualBios (at least that's what the specification states). I have a lower-end Gigabyte B350 board and it also includes Gigabyte's DualBios. There is no switch for Gigabyte's DualBios. If your BIOS happens to fail, then on your next system startup it reverts to the backup BIOS. It's not the best system, but trust me it definitely saved me when my BIOS update failed.

Hello Guys,

can I safely install the F61a bios for my "Aorus B450 M" motherboard if I have a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU?

I am not sure if this version is only for Ryzen 4000 and 5000 CPUs. 

This link leads you to the Bios Dowload Website:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

(I currently have the F51 version of the bios. And I dont have a Dual-Bios switch 😞 )

Thanks for your help in advance 🙂

Well when updating the bios all you can do is hope and pray that the power doesn't cut out randomly. Even with laptops, they need to be plugged in for a bios update

Yeah if you want to be safe you gotta have a chonky, responsive UPS, but other than that, you just pray

All there is to pray unless you want to buy a big ass UPS, look around the house and check if there is like maybe some electrical work going to be done if not just install and pray. There is no 4000 series for desktops just 5000 series so you don't have to worry about your 3000 CPU not working for a while

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I believe the latest BIOS update still supports your processor. Generally, a note is included if a processor is no longer supported (notice how F30 shows that Bristol Ridge is no longer supported). I'm also pretty sure that your board supports Gigabyte's DualBios (at least that's what the specification states). I have a lower-end Gigabyte B350 board and it also includes Gigabyte's DualBios. There is no switch for Gigabyte's DualBios. If your BIOS happens to fail, then on your next system startup it reverts to the backup BIOS. It's not the best system, but trust me it definitely saved me when my BIOS update failed.

Thanks for your help. The BIOS update didnt fail and I havent experienced any problems :)