My media PC can't Youtube :(

I have built my fair share of computers (over 50). I have never ran into this issue with youtube, I have a media PC in my bedroom that I use for Youtube and some light gaming maybe rocket league or some emulation from time to time.

It has a I7 6700

1650 super

16 gb of ram running at 2133mhz

500 watt power supply

2.5" sata ssd 512 gb

gigabyte z270 mother board

Nothing crazy but emulation and light gaming works fine. I have a fresh install of windows 10 on it. So the issue is when I go to watch youtube the video and audio aren't sync'd I can pause the video and the audio continues to play for sever seconds after I pause the video. The video also stutters while trying to play at any quality. I have tried running it on different web browsers I have tried running it on different quality settings nothing seems to help. I made sure all drivers were up to date. I really can not figure out what is going on with it. I have a main gaming rig that has no issues. I have gigabit internet at my house so internet isn't the issue my xbox on wifi plays youtube videos better I just prefer the web base youtube interface. I have also tried plugging it directly into ethernet and have tried wifi neither fix this issue. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Yes I do I did post I had double checked that I had all drivers up to date. So drivers aren't the issue to my knowledge downloaded the most up to date drivers from nvidia's website.

do mp4's on your local HDD play properly?

How does a speedtest look to that PC?

speed test is 893 down and 78 up cable gigabit not fiber reason for the up speed and I don't have anything on the ssd for mp4's on that pc it is a newer build for me no hdd in that rig currently. I will go put something on there from a portable drive I have

MP4's ran fine I figured it was a software related issue because the only issue I have is on youtube. Netflix runs fine on there I tried on chorme and edge both had same issues internet lagging doesn't seem like it would cause the audio to continue to play after the video is paused for a few seconds. But I really don't know that is why I am looking for help.

5 minutes ago, Trickle22 said:

MP4's ran fine I figured it was a software related issue because the only issue I have is on youtube. Netflix runs fine on there I tried on chorme and edge both had same issues internet lagging doesn't seem like it would cause the audio to continue to play after the video is paused for a few seconds. But I really don't know that is why I am looking for help.

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses

In chrome, is hardware acceleration enabled? If it is, toggle it off. This might help.

Also, this problem sounds a lot like the multi-monitor issue that is the persistent plague of graphics drivers (predominantly Nvidia). When you have a high refresh rate monitor and a 60Hz monitor, a YouTube video will desync the audio on the 60Hz monitor more and more over time (usually while gaming). Not sure if this applies to your situation.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

In chrome, is hardware acceleration enabled? If it is, toggle it off. This might help.

Also, this problem sounds a lot like the multi-monitor issue that is the persistent plague of graphics drivers (predominantly Nvidia). When you have a high refresh rate monitor and a 60Hz monitor, a YouTube video will desync the audio on the 60Hz monitor more and more over time (usually while gaming). Not sure if this applies to your situation.

I have it only plugged into my tv in the bedroom no other displays. 

I also should have noted even if I let the video bar load it still like has slow downs like it plays in slow mo for a bit and if I pause it and look at the load bar it is a full minute or more in front of where the video is actually playing. I hope that made sense.

28 minutes ago, Trickle22 said:

I have it only plugged into my tv in the bedroom no other displays. 

34 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I actually turned of hardware acceleration and it seems to have fixed the issue does edge have hardware acceleration too? because it was acting the same way in edge but thank you immensely for the suggestion!!! Seems to be working fine will comment on thread if it happens again.

3 hours ago, Trickle22 said:

I actually turned of hardware acceleration and it seems to have fixed the issue does edge have hardware acceleration too? because it was acting the same way in edge but thank you immensely for the suggestion!!! Seems to be working fine will comment on thread if it happens again.

I believe chromium edge also has hardware acceleration

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad