Any phones that can do AoD function just like and as good as the LG G5?

Hello everyone I hope you all have pleasant days

So cut through the chase, this photo I attached in this post is an LG G5 SE on my hands, the Always on Display functionality in this one is very excellent to me, due to the fact to me, because it uses an IPS panel pulling this AoD stunt off.

I am aware the LG G5 non SE is pretty much the same thing as this one I have on my hands just with a way better specced chipset at the time and 1GB more RAM on the non SE. So the displays are just plain same between the two.

Now that the LG G5 non SE has been mentioned that can do this kind of AoD as well, I would like to know if there are other phones that have this same thing going on for them too. IPS panel, but blacks are black enough for this kind of AoD quality or just the panel of a phone itself even though non OLED but is just that as good to an OLED when it comes to AoD feature

Thanks for coming by have a great day

IMG20210511001009.jpg

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Any reason you don't want OLED?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Any reason you don't want OLED?

Ah hadn't seen this I just slept 8 hours...

So OLEDs to me are nice and all and looks good and I have noted some OLEDs that are natural looking and not oversaturating

but I am still a bit worried of burn in(s), while I myself don't ever use full brightness on a full day on my G5 SE unit and when I use OLED I would surely do the same habit, I am worried when the time I have to or accidentally say, leave my OLED phone on full brightness for half an hour GPS on the motorcycle, I am worried I'd get burn in

Also I have planned to get something for my G5 SE replacement and I have surrendered myself to go AMOLED since I have ordered a well used Realme X that has a FHD+ 6.53" OLED for the screen, at least it has under screen optical fingerprint sensor to cheer me up to not get burn in

So yeah I am still interested to know those kinds of IPS phones that can do the LG G5's kind of AoD, not to disrespect OLEDs but I think IPS can still have their way to get close to how AMOLEDs can do their colour reproduction

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Your best bet is to cherry pick an IPS display phone that is known for excellent blacks, and then install a custom ROM that has AOD feature.

Oh right that's a good way to work around on if the stock firmware of the phone I end up find fulfilling the excellent IPS mark doesn't provide an AoD switch,

About the Realme X though since I have settled for that as an upgrade I think I'd miss the capabilities of what can be shown in the G5/SE's AoD, if I remember correctly the Realme X on it's stock firmware is limited to show stuff like phone calls and incoming SMS, compared to well pretty much any notifications that can be shown on the G5 series AoD, eh prolly I'll try the Evolution X custom rom on the X down the line

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

13 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Ah hadn't seen this I just slept 8 hours...

So OLEDs to me are nice and all and looks good and I have noted some OLEDs that are natural looking and not oversaturating

but I am still a bit worried of burn in(s), while I myself don't ever use full brightness on a full day on my G5 SE unit and when I use OLED I would surely do the same habit, I am worried when the time I have to or accidentally say, leave my OLED phone on full brightness for half an hour GPS on the motorcycle, I am worried I'd get burn in

Also I have planned to get something for my G5 SE replacement and I have surrendered myself to go AMOLED since I have ordered a well used Realme X that has a FHD+ 6.53" OLED for the screen, at least it has under screen optical fingerprint sensor to cheer me up to not get burn in

So yeah I am still interested to know those kinds of IPS phones that can do the LG G5's kind of AoD, not to disrespect OLEDs but I think IPS can still have their way to get close to how AMOLEDs can do their colour reproduction

If you get a phone where you can adjust the color perimeters, you shouldn't have a problem with how it looks.

Burn in isn't really much of an issue unless you're going to have a static image on the screen at all times. I've never experienced burn in on any of my phones over the past decade, all of which have been AMOLED. Burn in doesn't happen anywhere near that quickly.

IPS panels aren't bad, but there's a reason they're not in higher end devices; they simply don't stack up.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red