2008 TV vs New TV’s

Is their a difference of the picture quality between a TV (Sharp Aquos) from 2008 that is an HDTV and uses HDMI vs an 75” 4K LG UHD TV LED TV?  Lately I’ve been playing a lot on my Wii U and Switch but I feel like their is a image quietly difference between them.

if im reading right the 2008 Sharp Aquos is a 1080p tv. so yes there will be a big difference in picture quality, color gamet, pixel count on a 4k tv

The best 2008 TV (Probably a plasma? Pioneer Elite?) will do better than the cheapest modern TV for 1080p content. 

That being said, unless you can find a great deal, a modern TV will typically be a far better option in many ways. Smart TV built in, 4k support, HDR support, warranty, not being over 100lbs, the list goes on and on. I loved my 2007 1080p Plasma, and my dad still has a Pioneer Elite in his home theater setup, but I upgraded to an OLED shortly after getting my PS5 and it's a better experience in every way. 

On 5/9/2021 at 11:18 PM, Mario man said:

Is their a difference of the picture quality between a TV (Sharp Aquos) from 2008 that is an HDTV and uses HDMI vs an 75” 4K LG UHD TV LED TV?  Lately I’ve been playing a lot on my Wii U and Switch but I feel like their is a image quietly difference between them.

Gigantic difference. Huge. Cavernous.

Even if you got the same size, 4K makes a big difference by itself. Contrast ratios and colour accuracy will have improved. Image processing will be better. And of course, smart TV tech is on another planet. In 2008, you were thankful if you could plug in a USB drive to see your photos; in 2021, you can use virtually any streaming service, browse the web and control your smart home.

The Switch does offer plenty of graphical improvements over the Wii U, but they're not as obvious as they were in generations past. A larger TV might highlight those differences, although I'd note the Switch tops out at 1080p like its predecessor. The difference is simply that every Switch game plays at 1080p where many Wii U games are limited to 720p. If you want a more conspicuous difference, try using a PS5 on a modern 4K TV versus that 2008 set.