Burning Paper Smell

Jason87

Hi I’m hoping someone can help with an issue I’m having. Due to an idiot of a neighbour burning stuff in their garden my computer was running at the time and has seemed to absorb some of the smoke so now every time I run it there’s a burning paper stench! I have opened it up to check to make sure nothing is damaged and it’s all clear. Does anyone know how I could fix this, could I just strip it and clean everything(never built a pc before so but nervous about that) or should I replace anything. 
Any help or advice would be great. Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Jason87 said:

could I just strip it and clean everything(never built a pc before so but nervous about that)

That would be what i do, beyond just letting it go and hoping the whiff would go away. Another solution would be to stick a car perfume charm in your PC case.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

8 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

That would be what i do, beyond just letting it go and hoping the whiff would go away. Another solution would be to stick a car perfume charm in your PC case.

Ya, an rgb perfume can, genius idea! 

You could have mountain breeze coming out of it or nu pc smell. 

20 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Wait could car perfume actually work? Are their any risks involved with doing this? 

I would just wait and hope it goes away over time or do like I have done with a game case spray perfume in it’s direction (not on it) and let it sit 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

18 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

I got wild cherry, its errr a bit strong 😳 but I don’t smell burning paper anymore lol

47B39E66-04B8-4935-BACD-48B99F0F5CBF.jpeg

It worked momentarily, I now smell cherry and burnt paper!

Lol, you have made my day.  Valiant effort nonetheless. 

The smell of smoke will eventually disappear but if you really want to get rid of it you can disassemble your pc and remove the fans and clean them and everything else with whatever mild cleaning solution you have locally. There are products available specifically for smoke damage and smells but be very careful as they are caustic and will damage electronics.