Should I buy ARMA 3 ?

Go to solution Solved by Morrie Sells Wigs,
16 hours ago, Pavo05 said:

Hi!

The question is,should i buy arma 3 ?

I like military simulation games,and i have played the game Squad.Which were perfet,i played it when it was free for weekend,and now i see it is sale on arma 3.The difference is squad is 45e and arma is 7e now,i m teen and i m spending my monely wisely lol.I m worried about that i will buy arma and it wont be that i like,i like the(like in squad) you join the server,pick the guy and get deployed on map.I like that 50vs50 for example,i want to play pvp.And arma have a lot of more vehicles and other.And i saw that people coment,that arma is boring if u dont play with friends,or if u arent in any clan/group.and that everyone is playing some scenarios and like that.So is there any similarity like that 50v50,should i buy arma if i m this type of player?

Intel i7 2600

16 GB HyperX

Asus RX 570 4GB

240 SSD

500HDD

It's a very time consuming game, with a lot to learn.

I've seen videos of guys playing it and they take it very seriously. 

They'll use real world military speak over the radio, plan tactics, look at maps etc...

If that's the kind of realism you are looking for, and you are competent on mouse and keyboard, and you can run it, then you'll probably have a great time.

My advice to anyone is buy it on Steam and use the 2 hour refund system to see if it runs, if it is what you expected, and then make a decision. 

I'd argue that 2 hours is enough to get a general idea.

Hi!

I like military simulation games,and i have played the game Squad.Which were perfet,i played it when it was free for weekend,and now i see it is sale on arma 3.The difference is squad is 45e and arma is 7e now,i m teen and i m spending my monely wisely lol.I m worried about that i will buy arma and it wont be that i like,i like the(like in squad) you join the server,pick the guy and get deployed on map.I like that 50vs50 for example,i want to play pvp.And arma have a lot of more vehicles and other.And i saw that people coment,that arma is boring if u dont play with friends,or if u arent in any clan/group.and that everyone is playing some scenarios and like that.So is there any similarity like that 50v50,should i buy arma if i m this type of player?

Intel i7 2600

16 GB HyperX

Asus RX 570 4GB

240 SSD

500HDD

16 hours ago, Pavo05 said:

Hi!

Intel i7 2600

16 GB HyperX

Asus RX 570 4GB

240 SSD

500HDD

They'll use real world military speak over the radio, plan tactics, look at maps etc...

If that's the kind of realism you are looking for, and you are competent on mouse and keyboard, and you can run it, then you'll probably have a great time.

My advice to anyone is buy it on Steam and use the 2 hour refund system to see if it runs, if it is what you expected, and then make a decision. 

9 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Ye, thank you dude. I got the game, i will put it on download overnight and see how it goes. Ty 

The first thing you should probably understand is that Arma is more of a sandbox you can build games in than a game in it's self.

It has a very powerful editor that allows you to place units, vehicles, objects etc.. combined with a robust scripting and trigger system which means mission makers can make it do almost anything they can thing of. 

The servers online are almost all running missions created by the community and there is a huge emphasis on mods.

While they have pretty good integration with the steam workshop to make loading the mods a server is running pretty easy compared to how it used to be in OFP/Arma1/Arma2, it's still not quite jump in and play.

Since the missions and mods are pretty much all community made, there isn't a ton of standardization on how things are done. e.g. if you want to rearm a vehicle, maybe you just park an ammo truck next to it, or maybe you have to park it on as specific spot at your base, or maybe there is a custom UI panel you need to access. It all depends on what the person who made the mission decided to do.  This can be a turnoff to new players as you have to figure out how to play each mission before you can actually play it.

If you are mostly interested in a realistic competitive PVP game then Squad is much more what your looking for and you can always wait for a sale to pick it up cheaper.

While you can build a large competitive PVP missions in Arma, and people have, it's more of a role playing game in the broader sense and does skew more towards Coop/PvE with groups.

I would not say Arma is boring if you're a single player as I've spent too many hours to count just messing around in the editor with different mods and making my own missions or jumping into a coop server.

I think the best way to describe it is Squad is a sport with defined rules and objectives in a military wrapper.

Arma is more like Legos in a military wrapper.

Only you know which you would rather play with.

9 hours ago, trufret said:

The first thing you should probably understand is that Arma is more of a sandbox you can build games in than a game in it's self.

It has a very powerful editor that allows you to place units, vehicles, objects etc.. combined with a robust scripting and trigger system which means mission makers can make it do almost anything they can thing of. 

The servers online are almost all running missions created by the community and there is a huge emphasis on mods.

While they have pretty good integration with the steam workshop to make loading the mods a server is running pretty easy compared to how it used to be in OFP/Arma1/Arma2, it's still not quite jump in and play.

Since the missions and mods are pretty much all community made, there isn't a ton of standardization on how things are done. e.g. if you want to rearm a vehicle, maybe you just park an ammo truck next to it, or maybe you have to park it on as specific spot at your base, or maybe there is a custom UI panel you need to access. It all depends on what the person who made the mission decided to do.  This can be a turnoff to new players as you have to figure out how to play each mission before you can actually play it.

If you are mostly interested in a realistic competitive PVP game then Squad is much more what your looking for and you can always wait for a sale to pick it up cheaper.

While you can build a large competitive PVP missions in Arma, and people have, it's more of a role playing game in the broader sense and does skew more towards Coop/PvE with groups.

I would not say Arma is boring if you're a single player as I've spent too many hours to count just messing around in the editor with different mods and making my own missions or jumping into a coop server.

I think the best way to describe it is Squad is a sport with defined rules and objectives in a military wrapper.

Arma is more like Legos in a military wrapper.

Only you know which you would rather play with.

That last was perfectly pronounced.Thank you a lot !

Even if you are not a fan of the hardcore realism, it's a fun game, but only after you learn all of the mechanics and shortcuts and believe me, there is a lot to learn. It takes time to get used to the game and getting to know it better takes even longer, but once you know your way around it, it can be really enjoyable. 3-4 years ago is used to play 6-7 hour long evening sessions with the boys, but now i'm the sole non-father left and with randoms it's not that fun, unless by some miracle you stumble upon SovietWomble and the ZF clan. Then it can really be a comedy show.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

• 2 weeks later...

Arma 3 is the game for those people who have time and able to learn about it. I am watching this man (Jester814) for long time on Youtube And He is doing best in it.