FPS Gaming: Keyboard & Mouse vs Controller

Sena

I play a lot of fps games but I play with a controller, if it's on the pc I will still play on the controller. I have never used a keyboard and mouse for fps because I hate the fact that there is no vibration and it feels kind of weird (Maybe because I'm not use to it yet). But the other day a new friend of mine told me a keyboard and mouse would be better, for example, using a controller you cannot program the keys to your liking, with a keyboard you can change your whole key set-up to your liking, whether it's speed or accuracy. What are some benefits of using a keyboard and mouse? Aside from changing your keys.  

Keyboard and mouse you can become alot more accurate, you just don't have the precision on a controller. That's why on consoles there's auto aim which makes aiming easier. With a keyboard you can bind keys to whatever(if the game supports it).

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Your accuracy will improve greatly but will be worse than the controller at first because you have to get use to it.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

A mouse is much more accurate than a controller. Basically when you use a mouse you are aiming with the movement of your hand. When you want to hit a target you move your hand to where the target would be and shoot. This is much more natural and more precise. With a controller you push an analog stick which then starts to move the camera. Which is much less precise and the reason the console FPS games always have some sort of aim-assist on at all times. the only real advantage of a keyboard is the ability to add more controls and to map them as you please. On the console with a controller you cannot map specific buttons and can only change controller layouts. With a keyboard you can set walking ti IJKL if you really wanted to.

Your accuracy will improve greatly but will be worse than the controller at first because you have to get use to it.

Haha I was afraid of that. But if it's better then I'll have to switch, I was planning to buy a scuf controller which would of costed me $169 but looks like I'm gonna start using a keyboard and mouse.

Haha I was afraid of that. But if it's better then I'll have to switch, I was planning to buy a scuf controller which would of costed me $169 but looks like I'm gonna start using a keyboard and mouse.

I'd look at a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. These would be a good.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129005&ignorebbr=1

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816022&ignorebbr=1

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'd look at a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. These would be a good.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129005&ignorebbr=1

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816022&ignorebbr=1

Thanks but I got plenty of mouses and keyboards. Have some for mmo-rpg's then I have a fps mouse which I didn't even open yet... It was for Christmas but now it has a purpose. Lol

KB and mouse, cant play with those dem sticks

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I still don't understand how do some people play FPS or even TPS games using a controller.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

IMO. It's easier to sit back and relax with a controller in your hands and that's how I play my fps's. In RPGs I play with keyboard and mouse. Bit like I said I don't take fps's sirously.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I still don't understand how do some people play FPS or even TPS games using a controller.

FPS I can't stand using a controller for, unless the game has some sort of aim assist when a controller is plugged it, but even then I don't really like it. TPS is more forgiving, since you usually don't have to be as accurate in them.

With a controller, your aim is limited by that little 1" circle that the analog stick can move in. With a mouse, you have a huge mousepad, perhaps your whole desk depending on the surface.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Expect to be frustrated at first, there's always an adjusment period. Give it a little while and the analog sticks will start to feel clunky as hell.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

For playing FPS i find a mouse and keyboard is the only way to go it feels just right moving the mouse and it doing what i want it to. I do like the controllers for sitting back on the sofa relaxing or for racing games. Also assassins creed is so much better with a controller than keyboard.

Sometimes the kb+m controls are just irritating though. I normally prefer them, but I got a 360 controller initially because Assassin's Creed just annoyed me. Arkham Asylum is ok either way, so if I really want to recline in bed and play then that option's there too. I do think a controller has its place. I wouldn't say that place is an FPS though.