Cannot play online/offline media, player/browser crashes seconds after

Biru_cs
Go to solution Solved by Helpful Tech Witch,

Just use win10.

Windows 7 is a liability these days, and any drivermod to windows has the caveat of almost definitely causing issues. 

Win10 is the most stable is that I've ever used, and though it baby's you, it also still has control panel, so you don't have to deal with the settings page on win10, which is a waste of time at this point.

My brother is running Windows 7 on a 2019 Gigabyte motherboard (A320M-S2H) with a Ryzen 3 3200G APU. And yes, the drivers are modified to work on Windows 7 as the CPU and motherboard is are not fully supported (link here). The system runs occasionally into some problems, like BSODs during startup, but these are really sporadic, it may happen once in a month or two.

However, after a long period of completely no issues, a new problem appeared recently: media playback. Audio and video cannot play at certain times with no warning at all, thus making the browser or player crash some seconds after. However, every other part of the system works perfectly fine when in this state. 

A bit of description on what happens: he watches a YouTube video normally. Then, he clicks on the next one, but this time he waits at the loading animation until the browser crashes. As I stated above, the same happens with offline media. The only way to get media playback working again is to restart Windows.

He has tested numerous things, such as reinstalling the drivers and re-inserting the RAM sticks, but to no avail. A friend of mine and I have told him several times to just upgrade to Windows 10, but he declined because he hates Windows 10 with a passion, especially after seeing that Windows 7 works flawlessly on his system. ...Until now, that is.

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Can anything be done and get Windows 7 functioning again as it was some days ago, or does he have to get rid of Windows 7 and upgrade (or reinstall) Windows 10?

Just use win10.

Windows 7 is a liability these days, and any drivermod to windows has the caveat of almost definitely causing issues. 

Win10 is the most stable is that I've ever used, and though it baby's you, it also still has control panel, so you don't have to deal with the settings page on win10, which is a waste of time at this point.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Just use win10.

Haha, I'll tell him that, even though he just won't do so. Since we live together, I can clearly remember his previous Windows 10 installation (20H2 if I recall correctly) being waaaayyyyyyy more stable than his current Windows 7 one. He even does not like Revi OS for some reason (for those who don't know, it's a custom Windows 10 edition with most of the software that is not needed being completely removed, like some UWP apps). It's just making him consider upgrading and gaining his system's stability back at this point. Thanks for your time!

(Sorry for unmarking your solution. I'll keep this question open just to see if I get any other replies.)