Laptop shut down without BSOD

Go to solution Solved by DobertRownySr,
1 minute ago, The Not so Brave Sir Robin said:

Not the best either but here’s some I’ve takenD7C6E8DC-E842-4344-B54C-CC5D9ECB8783.thumb.jpeg.209acea115f1800dd494bdda359e4dd9.jpeg

E29C2969-D6B0-495C-A356-D13D094F1C22.jpeg

Yeah, that should be good enough for airflow. But yeah, you shouldn't worry about 86C.
That's well within the safe limits of your hardware and it won't thermal throttle.

Ok, so as the title says, my laptop froze shut down and restarted while playing a game, the only thing I changed was the undervolt from -130 to -140, can this cause the laptop to shutdown without a BSOD?

thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, The Not so Brave Sir Robin said:

Ok, so as the title says, my laptop froze shut down and restarted while playing a game, the only thing I changed was the undervolt from -130 to -140, can this cause the laptop to shutdown without a BSOD?

thanks in advance.

Yes, if you have an unstable undervolt the PC can shut down. It's not a big deal, just revert to your last stable undervolt.

1 minute ago, DobertRownySr said:

Yes, if you have an unstable undervolt the PC can shut down. It's not a big deal, just revert to your last stable undervolt.

Will this be detrimental to the cpu at all ? As mentioned it just turned off with no Blue screen, The only thing I found in the event viewer was three critical was 1 hour ago and that was all.

Just now, The Not so Brave Sir Robin said:

Will this be detrimental to the cpu at all ? As mentioned it just turned off with no Blue screen, The only thing I found in the event viewer was three critical was 1 hour ago and that was all.

No, it's not detrimental. An undervolt reduces the amount of electricity going to the components.

The only way to damage them would be if you were increasing the voltage.

Thank you for the information, could you advise on if I should be concerned with these HW readings also please ?

28735A1F-47B9-4ACC-BDE8-AC81F2763DC9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, The Not so Brave Sir Robin said:

Thank you for the information, could you advise on if I should be concerned with these HW readings also please ?

28735A1F-47B9-4ACC-BDE8-AC81F2763DC9.jpeg

What are you concerned about? The temperatures? Your temps look good, but you should run a stress test for at least 15 minutes (longer if possible, 1 hour) to check if it's stable.

Just now, DobertRownySr said:

What are you concerned about? The temperatures? Your temps look good, but you should run a stress test for at least 15 minutes (longer if possible, 1 hour) to check if it's stable.

Yes it’s the temps that’s my concern as I have owned a pc but my first gaming laptop, I know -130 is stable as I’ve been using that for a month without issues, My problem began when I went to -140

Yes it’s the temps that’s my concern as I have owned a pc but my first gaming laptop, I know -130 is stable as I’ve been using that for a month without issues, My problem began when I went to -140

Are your temperatures too high at -130mV?

There isn't much you can do about being unstable at -140mV without reducing your clocks.

1 minute ago, DobertRownySr said:

Are your temperatures too high at -130mV?

There isn't much you can do about being unstable at -140mV without reducing your clocks.

that was just before your reply at -130

13 minutes ago, The Not so Brave Sir Robin said:

that was just before your reply at -130

86 isn't terrible for a laptop. Does your laptop have proper room next to the intake vents for air? Like, are your intake vents being choked while you play?

Not that I know of, I have two intake vents on the bottom then I have what appears to be two exhaust fans on the back of the laptop facing away horizontally then I have one to the right which shoots air out to the right, The rear intake fans are supplemented by a cooling stand

The laptop is a HP omen 17.3 inch 

Here is the link 

https://www.currys.co.uk/GBUK/product-10207689-pdt.html

Not that I know of, I have two intake vents on the bottom then I have what appears to be two exhaust fans on the back of the laptop facing away horizontally then I have one to the right which shoots air out to the right, The rear intake fans are supplemented by a cooling stand

The laptop is a HP omen 17.3 inch 

Here is the link 

https://www.currys.co.uk/GBUK/product-10207689-pdt.html

It's hard to tell by these photos, but when the laptop is open, does it have a gap on the bottom of your laptop? Like, is there room for the air to come into the bottom?

2 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

It's hard to tell by these photos, but when the laptop is open, does it have a gap on the bottom of your laptop? Like, is there room for the air to come into the bottom?

Not the best either but here’s some I’ve takenD7C6E8DC-E842-4344-B54C-CC5D9ECB8783.thumb.jpeg.209acea115f1800dd494bdda359e4dd9.jpeg

Yeah, that should be good enough for airflow. But yeah, you shouldn't worry about 86C.
That's well within the safe limits of your hardware and it won't thermal throttle.

Just now, DobertRownySr said:

Is the T-Max 105c or 100c please I did get told but can’t remember 😂 

Is the T-Max 105c or 100c please I did get told but can’t remember 😂 

Cpu is 10750H