9600GT refuses to start on several machines

Oh man, what a devil of a device.
I bought a Palit Geforce 9600GT with 1GB of VRAM because I decided to slightly upgrade my old PC build, and after installing it - it didn't work. The speaker made 3 short and 1 long beeps, without displaying any video. It was somehow (I suppose) fixed by me connecting the CPU cooler to CPU_FAN instead of CHA_FAN.
I decided to sell it, and guess what - it didn't run on the buyer's machine! He tried what I did, and it didn't work. I'm pretty much a cheater in their eyes because I didn't say anything about it. His speaker made repeating short beeps when trying to use the PC.
Any help? Did anyone ever encounter a similar situation?

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

The graphics card does not work in multiple systems, you sold it and (based on their accusation) didn't list that it was "upgraded" and actually doesn't work. What do you expect? It's dead.

How did you "upgrade" it? In what way did you "upgrade" it?

Oh, just bad wording. I upgraded the PC build, as in buying a new card for it. I'll fix the post.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Ah, okay. Well, in that case, I guess you bought a defective, ancient graphics card. You apparently got scammed or it got damaged somehow during transit. I'd still say the graphics card is dead and nowadays pretty much useless.

How exactly is a 9600GT an upgrade for anything? That graphics card is from 2008. What were you running prior to the upgrade?

I ran a 7900GS before that. It's an old PC, obviously not my main one, so I decided to do something with it.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Ah, okay. Well, in that case, I guess you bought a defective, ancient graphics card. You apparently got scammed or it got damaged somehow during transit. I'd still say the graphics card is dead and nowadays pretty much useless.

How exactly is a 9600GT an upgrade for anything? That graphics card is from 2008. What were you running prior to the upgrade?

A 9600 would basically remove gpu bottlenecks on something like an xp pentium 4 build while remaining very compatible over a newer gpu so its reasonable

As for the actual problem early pci-e 1.0 1.0a and 1.1 systems had compatibility issues with gpu frequently. Make sure their system has its latest bios

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

As for the actual problem early pci-e 1.0 1.0a and 1.1 systems had compatibility issues with gpu frequently. Make sure their system has its latest bios

Thanks. Contacted them, hope it works out.

11 hours ago, twothousandtablets said:

Thanks. Contacted them, hope it works out.

Well, it didn't. I guess I got sold a defective card, and wasn't aware of that.