GoodBytes for Moderator

I am here to Nominate GoodBytes as a moderator!!

GoodBytes is one of the nicest most helpful people on this forum and it has gone on long enough, its time he becomes a moderator.

He has posted in the news thread and been on the Livestream multiple times and not only that but he always has the entire article (not copy pasted) with his own thoughts and views. 

He is also VERY smart and knows what he is talking about. 

As i said before he is nice and has helped me and the forum more than I care to count. even when i ask dumb questions he is very kind and respectful of others and helps them no matter how basic the question. if there are facts, studies, or articles on it he is pretty much your man.

If you have never had the pleasure of being helped by or talking to GoodBytes I feel sorry for you because you truthfully missing out.

I have talked to: Slick, Linus, windspeed, whaler, and pretty much everyone on the mod team, and I told them to make him a mod and I have never gotten a real answer on it and this needs to stop today!

So right here right now I am starting a petition to have GoodBytes a Moderator.

Just leave your vote, say you want him to be a mod, tell a story of how he helped you and maybe even PM a Mod or Admin and say just how much GoodBytes deserves this. Do any of these things to bring attention to Linus and slick and make them have to make him a mod. but be nice of course.

Thank you, and i hope you agree with me because otherwise this will be awkward :)

Remember linus could just say no and non of this does anything its just us showing how much we apreciate goodbytes and it is probably nice for goodbytes to see how many people appreciate his help it is almost more for moral support for goodbytes than us actually trying to make him mod but that is also the goal :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I voted yes

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

yes and yes seems legit 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I think you're being a bit demanding of the existing Mods and Admins. Sure, if you wanna recommend him for a moderation position, hell i'll even vouch for him,  go ahead but seeing as they've mentioned him on the live-stream a bit and looking at how much he's contributed they've probably already considered or even asked him. 

Being a mod for a forum requires a lot of dedication and time, if he believed he was up for it he would have the job ready for him but we're all different and not everybody wants those responsibilities.

So i'm not voting, I want him to be who he wants to be. Is that cool with you guys?

*edit: voted. if he wants it, i want him to have it :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Nice to see the support for this it should pick up more during the day (its 1am for me)

I think you're being a bit demanding of the existing Mods and Admins. Sure, if you wanna recommend him for a moderation position, hell i'll even vouch for him,  go ahead but seeing as they've mentioned him on the live-stream a bit and looking at how much he's contributed they've probably already considered or even asked him. 

Being a mod for a forum requires a lot of dedication and time, if he believed he was up for it he would have the job ready for him but we're all different and not everybody wants those responsibilities.

So i'm not voting, I want him to be who he wants to be. Is that cool with you guys?

i asked him and he said he really wants to be a mod and i have talked to slick and linus and haven't gotten any straight answer. im not trying to be demanding i just want him to be recognized for how much he does im not trying to force them to do it but i want them to see how many people like him and think he deserves it and if they say no they say know but its worth a shot.

i asked him and he said he really wants to be a mod and i have talked to slick and linus and haven't gotten any straight answer. im not trying to be demanding i just want him to be recognized for how much he does im not trying to force them to do it but i want them to see how many people like him and think he deserves it and if they say no they say know but its worth a shot.

of course he could have changed his mind in the past day or so but ya idk i just really want him to be a mod again if he still wants

I think this should go through.

Now wait, isn't there something fishy with that poll?

Nah.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I think this should go through.

Now wait, isn't there something fishy with that poll?

Nah.

absolutely not are you implying something?

Fair enough xD

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Fair enough xD

I thought so i made sure everything was okay even though an entire post isnt exactly what i said i asked goodbytes if he minds if i asked a few friends to mention him to slick and linus but i guess this is a little different :)

We love ya goodbytes :)

i think its upto goodbytes himself and the mods.

I have no say in the matter

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i think its upto goodbytes himself and the mods.

I have no say in the matter

ya but you can say that you liike him and would vouch for him but if you dont want to you dont have to

He's definitely a very helpful and knowing guy and he contributes a lot. I'm not qualified to determine who would do well as a mod and who wouldn't, but he'd probably do nice job.

Nevertheless, it's not up to us. He should be a mod by qualification and selection, not by popular demand.

He's definitely a very helpful and knowing guy and he contributes a lot. I'm not qualified to determine who would do well as a mod and who wouldn't, but he'd probably do nice job.

Nevertheless, it's not up to us. He should be a mod by qualification and selection, not by popular demand.

again this isnt making them do anything but i would like them to see how many people like him and support him they could say screw you guys and non of this would matter its just a way for them to see how much eveyone likes him and it is probably nice for goodbytes to see all these people who like him  so even if he doesnt get it its still a pick me up for him

Your right 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

ya but you can say that you liike him and would vouch for him but if you dont want to you dont have to

I have neither had a good or bad experience with him/her so your comment is moot and as i said its upto who is involved.

this thread is just adding extra pressure that isnt needed - if there there is a desire it would be interdependently sort after i would presume.

yes goodbytes is a good person and a long time forum member, I just dont like the idea of putting someones hand up instead of themselves

Its all about those volumetric clouds

of course he could have changed his mind in the past day or so but ya idk i just really want him to be a mod again if he still wants

Well Emperor_Piehead contancted me to see if it was ok to ask. I naturally said 'yeah!', and gave him the link to Slick and Windspeed. If Goodbytes gets what he wants then that makes me happy! He's a top bloak :)

I don't understand why everyone is trying to make me seem like im being a jerk to the current mods im not trying to pressure them this is more of moral support for goodbytes im trying to be nice to him and say thank you for all the help he has given and i feel just saying thank you wasn't enough and i just want him to see how many people he has helped. its not all for him being a mod. if he becomes one that is an added bonus but the main reason was to thank him and try and help him get what he wants as a added bonus. im Really not trying to be a jerk i just really wanted to thank him.

Well I don't know what to say guys, but thank you very much! Especially to joelthezombie15 for making this post
I really appreciate it. I am very happy to help everyone the best I can.

I have to admit, this thread does boost my moral quiet a bit :)

I am not sure how I can be helpful to the mod team to be honest, beside checking the forum for spam, and anything that goes against forum rules, and addressing reported or found disputes.
I am sure there is many more I can do, but it's not coming to mind. The decision is obviously to the mod groups, and Linus and Slick. I have never been a mod of a large forum. but I don't see why not I can't relinquish my title, with a transition phase if needed, if I find I can't handle it. Or perhaps be mod on only select sections of the forum. But I am sure a discussion needs to be established between me and the mods before any of it can be established.

I don't think joelthezombie15, is being pushy with any bad intentions, or a jerk at all. He is simply just really happy about my help, exited, and truly wants the best for this community, by trying to recognize me.
Honestly, I would have done the same. Although, I would have put a "no" option in the pool, to be honest, but now it's too late.

999 post! What will happen at 1000? I wonder...
meme.png

This (from my experience anyways) is not how mods should be chosen. Mods are chosen by the mod team alone, not by the community. If it was any other way around there would be hundreds of these posts with people "nominating" each other to be mods. :)

That being said GoodBytes definitely is the nicest and most helpful of guys. :)

Goodbytes is very good! Yes!

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200