Asus VG27AQ or LG 27GL850-B

I'm in a bit of a pickle. My current monitor has developed dead pixels so I'm thinking about second monitor while I wait. I have very limited budget around 300-400 dolars. I have found some options I would like to ask If you recommend any of them also I heard both of them had dead pixels in some reviews so If you have one can you share your experience.

ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27" 2560 x 1440 WQHD 2K Resolution 165Hz 1ms IPS HDR10 Gaming Monitor

LG Ultragear 27GL850-B 27" 2K QHD 2560 x 1440 1ms 144Hz HDR10 Nano IPS Gaming Monitor

Any help is much appritiated.

Not sure about the price, but the VG27AQL1A is the updated version of VG27AQ which is overall improved? (but not worth that much more tho).

I think the LG one should be very good, while it lacks some things the ASUS one got and reduced contrast ratio (like 700:1 less than normal IPS) it should perform perfect in gaming and smooth picture quality with good Overdrive (UFO test, less trailing image depending on your FPS at the close to fastest OD).

While since I got 2K, I wouldn't personally recommend it as a go to resolution and rather go with 4K but a lot worse to run and price if going for the higher HZ too. But for gaming, it should do better than 1080 with more details from the extra pixels. Any other work might be impacted.

Do be noted, Nano IPS is similar or the same as QLED and will give too much contrast in color outside of sRGB and you might have to adjust/calibrate that.

Not sure if it's the same with that ASUS monitor.

8 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Not sure about the price, but the VG27AQL1A is the updated version of VG27AQ which is overall improved? (but not worth that much more tho).

I think the LG one should be very good, while it lacks some things the ASUS one got and reduced contrast ratio (like 700:1 less than normal IPS) it should perform perfect in gaming and smooth picture quality with good Overdrive (UFO test, less trailing image depending on your FPS at the close to fastest OD).

While since I got 2K, I wouldn't personally recommend it as a go to resolution and rather go with 4K but a lot worse to run and price if going for the higher HZ too. But for gaming, it should do better than 1080 with more details from the extra pixels. Any other work might be impacted.

Do be noted, Nano IPS is similar or the same as QLED and will give too much contrast in color outside of sRGB and you might have to adjust/calibrate that.

Not sure if it's the same with that ASUS monitor.

Thank you I didn't know there was a updated version so might end up going for Asus.

2 minutes ago, Archidec said:

Thank you I didn't know there was a updated version so might end up going for Asus.

soemtimes you can't trust their marketing though, some might just be overclocked and doesn't meet the base specs in normal use.

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

soemtimes you can't trust their marketing though, some might just be overclocked and doesn't meet the base specs in normal use.

My biggest fear is dead pixels. Even If it comes overclocked I hope it doesn't produce dead pixels. Thanks for your help

The biggest problem I’ve ever had with IPS panels is the dreaded backlight bleed and IPS glow. I’ve just switched to a VA panel (ASUS TUF gaming VG34VQL1B) and I have to say, it is so nice being able to game in the dark again. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

Yes some have that, forgot that is a bigger issue with that ASUS model, dont think it was that much with that LG model while both are IPS.

But like you say, there are benefits to both IPS and VA, one could prefer VA in many areas but they can bleed in more ways that hasn't as good picture compared to some faster IPS panels. Although some IPS can be very bad in a lot of areas or VA having less of those problems too. VA smearing, difference in color but might be improved from high contrast ratio and such? For fast shooters, would rather want a good IPS with a good overdrive setting.

Also now that Mini LEDs with IPS would become more common after time. If not other tech is going to make a push, or updated version of OLED.