What software is this?

Below is a youtube video from Wired.com showing a software engineer manipulating and programming satellite TV cards through sophisticated technology..!

I really want to know the software he is using at 0:26 and 4:00 to type/change codes and stuff..!!

Id bet anything that its proprietary or reverse enginered.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

It's just disassembly of the code on the card.  Any IDE would do that. 

The software is probably IDA Disassembler or something like that : https://www.hex-rays.com/ida-pro/ida-disassembler/

It's good software but costs money. These days, he would probably use Ghidra, which was written by NSA people : https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra

what costs A LOT are those stereo microscopes he uses... 

First software shown is image editor. The toolset looks very close to Gimps design. Second software, when he is editing files, is most likely Notepadd++ or some other text editor.

If he has something else open, you have same problem as with all these threads. To actually get someone who has used the exact same software and recognizes layout by memory. Considering this guy is using XP, the video is probably over 10 years old.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

He's just viewing the assembly output of either an assembler or disassembler. Given the fact he also has a listing (.lst) file open, I'd wager he's looking at compiled code.

Looks a bit like the old style ImageCraft compilers, but it's no match.

Spoiler

Screen_CPU12_1.gif