New Video card for old Motherboard

Hello , My old Pc parts are : Asus Rampage Formmula iii , 12 Ram , 128G SSD Samsung 840 Pro , and I want to install new video card and I have 2 questions:

1-does those video cards compatible with it (MSI GeForce GT 710 1GB) (MSI GeForce GT 710 2GB) ?

2-can I connect 3 monitor the same time to extend my desktop to 3 monitors?

the idea is my old video card has 3 ports 2 dvi 1 miniHDMI but when I connect 3 monitors the windows see only 2 monitors.

thanks

As long as you have a pci-e slot, any pci-e video card SHOULD work. 

Some video cards may refuse to run in pci-e 1.0 slots, your motherboard has at least pci-e 2.0 slots so it's fine. 

Some modern series of video cards require BIOSes with UEFI extensions to work, your video card is not that new to require such BIOS and your motherboard has such BIOS even if the video card required it.

The video card may have a DVI connector "shared" with the HDMI connector which basically means that only one out of those two would work at any time. So if that is the case, then the video card can output to a maximum of 2 monitors. 

You don't say what processor you have. If your processor has integrated graphics, it should be possible to connect one monitor to the output on your motherboard and two monitors on the actual video card. 

This will make it hard if not impossible to play a game on all 3 monitors at the same time, but the card is not that powerful anyway.

24 minutes ago, Nizar77 said:

Hello , My old Pc parts are : Asus Rampage Formmula iii , 12 Ram , 128G SSD Samsung 840 Pro , and I want to install new video card and I have 2 questions:

1-does those video cards compatible with it (MSI GeForce GT 710 1GB) (MSI GeForce GT 710 2GB) ?

2-can I connect 3 monitor the same time to extend my desktop to 3 monitors?

the idea is my old video card has 3 ports 2 dvi 1 miniHDMI but when I connect 3 monitors the windows see only 2 monitors.

thanks

I recommend going with the below FirePro V5800 instead if you want a 3 monitor setup.You will need either a couple DisplayPort to HDMI or DisplayPort to DVI cables, but those are pretty cheap. This card is way more powerful than a 710 (which is more of a graphics adaptor than a true graphics cards) as well. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124711672008?hash=item1d096518c8:g:WIUAAOSwNcFgkzd6

10 minutes ago, mariushm said:

As long as you have a pci-e slot, any pci-e video card SHOULD work. 

Some video cards may refuse to run in pci-e 1.0 slots, your motherboard has at least pci-e 2.0 slots so it's fine. 

Some modern series of video cards require BIOSes with UEFI extensions to work, your video card is not that new to require such BIOS and your motherboard has such BIOS even if the video card required it.

The video card may have a DVI connector "shared" with the HDMI connector which basically means that only one out of those two would work at any time. So if that is the case, then the video card can output to a maximum of 2 monitors. 

You don't say what processor you have. If your processor has integrated graphics, it should be possible to connect one monitor to the output on your motherboard and two monitors on the actual video card. 

This will make it hard if not impossible to play a game on all 3 monitors at the same time, but the card is not that powerful anyway.

thanks for quick reply, my motherboard doesn't have intergraded graphic , and my cpu is i7 950 , and the pc is for basic music production not gaming .... so how can I extend desktop to 3 in my case?

4 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

I recommend going with the below FirePro V5800 instead if you want a 3 monitor setup.You will need either a couple DisplayPort to HDMI or DisplayPort to DVI cables, but those are pretty cheap. This card is way more powerful than a 710 (which is more of a graphics adaptor than a true graphics cards) as well. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124711672008?hash=item1d096518c8:g:WIUAAOSwNcFgkzd6

I didn't find this card in the Netherlands 😞 ... shipping it from USA will cost too much...I prefer to find a card in Europe market for the guarantee and so...

1 minute ago, Nizar77 said:

thanks for quick reply, my motherboard doesn't have intergraded graphic , and my cpu is i7 950 , and the pc is for basic music production not gaming .... so how can I extend desktop to 3 in my case?

You'll either have to buy a 2nd video card, or get a video card with 3 video outputs from the start.

If you don't need to play games, then cards like AMD RX 460 or RX 550 should have 3 video outputs ... but they'll be a bit expensive these days because of high demand. An alternative could be  "workstation" models using the same chips ex AMD WX2100 , WX4100, WX5100  - these will have mini DisplayPort outputs so you may need to buy separately miniDisplayport to hdmi / dvi / vga adapter cables.

I'm not up to date on nVidia cards and what low end models have support for up to 3 monitors 

5 minutes ago, Nizar77 said:

I didn't find this card in the Netherlands 😞 ... shipping it from USA will cost too much...I prefer to find a card in Europe market for the guarantee and so...

Oh sorry my bad. The Nvidea Quadra 2000 is a great budget used card as well if you have any of those available to you. 

Any video card should work if the motherboard has a pci-e port and your PSU can handle it, I have used a 960 2GB in a socket 775 machine so I could get HDMI it worked fine 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help