Connecting 6 fans to a 3 fan header motherboard

gzbraga
Go to solution Solved by iMxmo,

Connect 2 fans for each header. We dont want to overload the headers now do we. You could also try daisy chaining them, but this should also work for PWM 

I just bought a Asus Prime Z390-P and i'm planning on connecting 6 fans to it. The fans I'm going to use are Corsair AF120's, which are rated for 7-12V. The PWM splitters I'm looking at say they are 5V. Can I use these splitters and still run the fans at full speed and am I going to be able to control their speeds? The fans also have white LEDs. I have attached pictures of the splitter options I have.

2021-05-05 10_28_11-Window.png

2021-05-05 10_28_45-.png

2021-05-05 10_29_00-Window.png

Connect 2 fans for each header. We dont want to overload the headers now do we. You could also try daisy chaining them, but this should also work for PWM 

Thanks! but is it ok to use a 5V splitter with a 7-12V fan?

3 hours ago, gzbraga said:

Thanks! but is it ok to use a 5V splitter with a 7-12V fan?

Link to the product? 

Fan splitters aren't usually rated for just 5v. Splitters just use wires and are plenty for most fans since fans usually draw very little power.

The products in the images posted above are fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Link to the product? 

Fan splitters aren't usually rated for just 5v. Splitters just use wires and are plenty for most fans since fans usually draw very little power.

The products in the images posted above are fine. 

Thank you! Really helpful