1050ti problem

Go to solution Solved by borisbbt,
15 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

I mean if you have something like a spare toaster oven that you never plan to cook food in again (process coats oven in toxic fumes that cannot be cleaned out fully) you could give it a try but it is almost always a bandaid fix that could last anywhere from 5 days to 5 years but will eventually break again. I’m assuming you have already tried every single output your GPU has to insure that it’s not just a dead port. It is possible that you have a corrupted bios on the card which can be fixed if you have a PC with onboard graphics available to plug the GPU into like in this vid 

good luck 

Thanks for your opinion, i've seen lots of YouTubers that tried this method and it worked, but i Noticed something

I have to reboot the pc 3 times, then it shows 3 times a blank screen and stops, could this be a error code? 

So, my 1050ti is probably dead, i think. What would be the problem if it shows an blank screen? Tried it on other pc's and still the same problem, can i get some help, i don't want to hear some things like is the monitor set on dvi, it's all set like it should but in this crisis i would like to repair this poor 1050ti

Specs : R5 1600

16 gb ram 

Asus prime a320m k 

16202133297031683881176230479419.jpg

I dunno whats wrong but to fix gpus you can just chuck them into the oven on high. There is an older ltt video where they do it and guides all` over the internet. Do some research first before trying this tho

Does the other PC have an IGPU? If so you should be able to get into the OS and see what the PCIe device says. In windows a code 43 in device manager is likely a dead GPU for example. If its dead, take a look at the PCB and see if anything looks broken. If its just a resistor or cap thats blown you might be able to fix it but if its anything like a MOSFET for the VRM or you dont see anything at all the chances are pretty slim that the GPU core is not toast

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, borisbbt said:

in this crisis i would like to repair this poor 1050ti

I mean if you have something like a spare toaster oven that you never plan to cook food in again (process coats oven in toxic fumes that cannot be cleaned out fully) you could give it a try but it is almost always a bandaid fix that could last anywhere from 5 days to 5 years but will eventually break again. I’m assuming you have already tried every single output your GPU has to insure that it’s not just a dead port. It is possible that you have a corrupted bios on the card which can be fixed if you have a PC with onboard graphics available to plug the GPU into like in this vid 

good luck 

12 minutes ago, Inigma_ said:

I dunno whats wrong but to fix gpus you can just chuck them into the oven on high. There is an older ltt video where they do it and guides all` over the internet. Do some research first before trying this tho

Like I said in my reply, doing this in an oven that you are ever planning on cooking food in at any point in the future is ill advised as the GPU will give off toxic fumes that may later spread to food even if you thoroughly clean the oven. Please keep this in mind. 

15 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

good luck 

Thanks for your opinion, i've seen lots of YouTubers that tried this method and it worked, but i Noticed something

I have to reboot the pc 3 times, then it shows 3 times a blank screen and stops, could this be a error code? 

1 minute ago, borisbbt said:

That sounds to me like your monitor is getting some kind of indication of a signal being sent 3 times but not actually receiving any signal. Not sure why exactly this would happen but it really doesn’t mean much IMO as the card is still not outputting any image.