Dual Monitor Issue

KillShotz
Go to solution Solved by v0id,
3 minutes ago, KillShotz said:

my monitor is an old Samsung it runs at 29hz and uses HDMI. This monitor was a hammy down from my grandparents so who knows how old it is I had a lot of issues trying to figure out what monitor it is I found no luck anywhere.

My first monitor is the https://www.amazon.com/VG248QG-G-Sync-Compatible-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07TNM8L6S/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=165hz+monitor&qid=1620185508&sr=8-3 it uses display port and runs 165hz no problem.

So your GPU is trying to drive one monitor at 29Hz and one at 165Hz? Lower hertz values can cause stuttering and tearing, especially if one is much higher than the other. Not the end of the world but tearing can occur much more frequently. Your CPU is no slouch and your PSU seems adequate. I know you marked this as solved but I think it's honestly your monitors.

Specs

Graphics: XFX Radeon 5600xt

Processor: i5 9600k

Corsair CXM 2015 550w PSU

RAM: 16gb 3200mhz dual channel

I'm running into this issue when I'm watching a video on my second monitor in game it tends to have my frames drop. Even when there is the tinniest movement on my other monitor it still drops when I use a frame counter the frame counter doesn't drop but you can see it in the display that it does anyone know if I need an upgrade or is it something I can fix with a simple setting.

I've experienced this, but mine is caused by high CPU usage when I'm watching videos on other screen (which is expected)

You can use frametime graph from msi afterburner with rivatuner to see if you're getting spikes, fps counter might not change but you might be experiencing stutters from high CPU load

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I have exactly the same gpu😁 Are the monitors running at different refresh rates? It's a fairly common issue amongst 5000 series amd gpu's

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

It's a fussy GPU, awesome when it behaves, obnoxious when it doesn't, I find the best use is make sure if you use multiple monitor that they are set to the same settings, refresh rate, latency etc... And when you update the driver ,every two or three updates you should use ddu and wipe the old ones and clean install the new, and also a less common issue is if yours is like mine I had a problem with the performance bios,I had somany issues it almost found itself in the trash but I switched to the second bios and haven't had a problem since

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

I got the Raw 2

You got the Raw or the thicc?

IMG_20200822_101752.jpg

25 minutes ago, KillShotz said:

Specs

Graphics: XFX Radeon 5600xt

Processor: i5 9600k

Corsair CXM 2015 550w PSU

RAM: 16gb 3200mhz dual channel

I'm running into this issue when I'm watching a video on my second monitor in game it tends to have my frames drop. Even when there is the tinniest movement on my other monitor it still drops when I use a frame counter the frame counter doesn't drop but you can see it in the display that it does anyone know if I need an upgrade or is it something I can fix with a simple setting.

What kind of monitors do you have? Are they the same? What cables are you using?

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

6 minutes ago, v0id said:

What kind of monitors do you have? Are they the same? What cables are you using?

15 minutes ago, lotus10101 said:

I got the Raw 2

You got the Raw or the thicc?

IMG_20200822_101752.jpg

i also have the raw 2

6 minutes ago, KillShotz said:

i also have the raw 2

Fancy. But what about your monitors and cables?

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

37 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I've experienced this, but mine is caused by high CPU usage when I'm watching videos on other screen (which is expected)

You can use frametime graph from msi afterburner with rivatuner to see if you're getting spikes, fps counter might not change but you might be experiencing stutters from high CPU load

I figured it was my cpu but i had to be sure. I ran a couple tests and i came to the conclusion that it was either my drivers my psu or cpu so im gonna work on buying a new one thanks!

Just now, v0id said:

Fancy. But what about your monitors and cables?

my monitor is an old Samsung it runs at 29hz and uses HDMI. This monitor was a hammy down from my grandparents so who knows how old it is I had a lot of issues trying to figure out what monitor it is I found no luck anywhere.

My first monitor is the https://www.amazon.com/VG248QG-G-Sync-Compatible-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07TNM8L6S/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=165hz+monitor&qid=1620185508&sr=8-3 it uses display port and runs 165hz no problem.

3 minutes ago, KillShotz said:

So your GPU is trying to drive one monitor at 29Hz and one at 165Hz? Lower hertz values can cause stuttering and tearing, especially if one is much higher than the other. Not the end of the world but tearing can occur much more frequently. Your CPU is no slouch and your PSU seems adequate. I know you marked this as solved but I think it's honestly your monitors.

Just now, v0id said:

ok thank you i will look into it

8 hours ago, KillShotz said:

I figured it was my cpu but i had to be sure. I ran a couple tests and i came to the conclusion that it was either my drivers my psu or cpu so im gonna work on buying a new one thanks!

Is your cpu actually maxed out under the condition you described? 

6 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

Is your cpu actually maxed out under the condition you described? 

How could I check?

1 hour ago, KillShotz said:

How could I check?

You could open up task manager(Ctrl + alt + delete keys) and click on the performance tab is the easiest way to view your cpu usage or you can download hwinfo it's a free tool to download that will show you all your computers sensors