Planning my first build!

Hi,

I am a complete beginner and I am currently planning my first build:

Budget: $3,000.00

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition...) as well as general usage (web browsing).

Other details: I already own all necessary peripherals

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/athuler/saved/qN3MVn

As I am a beginner, I would appreciate any advice on how to better divide my budget to get the maximum performance per dollar.

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Just now, thulera said:

Hi,

I am a complete beginner and I am currently planning my first build:

Budget: $3,000.00

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition...) as well as general usage (web browsing).

Other details: I already own all necessary peripherals

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/athuler/saved/qN3MVn

As I am a beginner, I would appreciate any advice on how to better divide my budget to get the maximum performance per dollar.

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

6 minutes ago, thulera said:

Thanks! Given that this is not my full budget, how would you suggest I expand it to take advantage of the money that's left?

well do remember that gpu prices are sky high, and I added a b550 board so that you could take advantage of pcie gen 4 and have a good upgrade path for Ryzen 5000, so a 3060 ti is probably about 900 to 1000 dollars now

Here's my take on this:

Notable changes: 8 core CPU, 32GB of RAM (minimum recommended by adobe for the Premiere), a RTX 3070, a PSU that can handle this system, HDD for storage (sb else suggested SSHD, there's no point in that), and no network cards (why would you need them?)

will you prioritize gaming over these multi threaded workloads instead? the builds seen here are better for productivity instead of gaming. ie 3700x and 3600 get outperformed/perform similar than an 11400/F @ 180 USD (1/2 the price) in single core performance (gaming)

1 hour ago, Ydfhlx said:

Here's my take on this:

Notable changes: 8 core CPU, 32GB of RAM (minimum recommended by adobe for the Premiere), a RTX 3070, a PSU that can handle this system, HDD for storage (sb else suggested SSHD, there's no point in that), and no network cards (why would you need them?)

the firecuda sshd is a much faster hdd with faster reads and rights, so it does make sense unless you want sluggish loading

25 minutes ago, tire said:

the firecuda sshd is a much faster hdd with faster reads and rights, so it does make sense unless you want sluggish loading

I'm sorry, but you don't even know what SSHD is if you say that. It is a 5400 rpm HDD (so slower than 7200 rpm one) with 8GB NAND (SSD-type) buffer. That means that if drive software guesses correctly what you will want and moves it to the buffer, you'll have fast loading - else not. And 8GB isn't really a lot of space for missed guesses - and if software doesn't guess, you have a 5400rpm HDD, which is slower than a 7200 one. Also faster write speeds, it doesn't have to guess here.

Why did I say it's pointless? First of all, every HDD has buffer - 256MB in case of the one I picked; and windows does automatically buffer reads to the RAM. Secondly, OP is going to use a SSD - i purposely picked a 1TB one, so there will be no "sluggish loading", system is being on the SSD, as well as the frequently used files he (not software) choses to put there.

Thirdly, OP is doing video editing - the very thing HDDs are best in: sequential reads/writes, it's where they reach their advertised speed. Another trouble with video editing is the size: the SSHD buffer won't be big enough to fit even enough videos to make a difference, and OP will be stuck with a 5400rpm HDD... So if you consider HDD loading sluggish, then SSHD is not the option - SSD is. SSHD is primarly made to be a more reposnsive HDD (to be used as a cheap boot drive) - not as a faster one.