ChromeOS installation on non-chromebooks

Due to the laggy performance I've been getting on Windows, I have been trying to switch to ChromeOS on my potato. I followed this (https://youtu.be/QviTlPB_BiE) (Kedar Nimbalkar's) video, tried both rammus and samus builds. The error I'm getting by the end reads

pv: write failed: no space left on device 

After writing 3 of the 12 partitions. The remaining 9 display the aforementioned message. This is weird because there should be space on my device after I agreed to a format in the script. Any fixes for this, please?

Device Name: Acer Aspire 5736z

Processor: Intel Dual Core T4500

RAM: DDR3 4GB 

Storage: 500GB HDD

20210504_221536.jpg

Remove all the error-ing partitions, then build one big partition out of the newly unallocated space? I don't know how to do this on linux, so you will have to google that for yourself. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

8 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Your probably need to format the hard drive in Linux since it probably still has whatever OS you installed on it. Then try this again.

The script asks for a format, and I said yes to that. It only starts with the partitions after. Also, once I rebooted my laptop after this whole process, I got an error saying there was no bootable disk found. Which I guess would mean the format worked.... right?

2 minutes ago, Deveshkhatri said:

The script asks for a format, and I said yes to that. It only starts with the partitions after. Also, once I rebooted my laptop after this whole process, I got an error saying there was no bootable disk found. Which I guess would mean the format worked.... right?

It could have formated your EFI partition of Windows which is like 500mb, that's why it's important to format the whole drive. Here's a quick video to show you how to do it if you're unfamiliar with Linux Mint.

edit: The efi partition is actually like 100mb, the recovery partition is like 500mb.

33 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It could have formated your EFI partition of Windows which is like 500mb, that's why it's important to format the whole drive. Here's a quick video to show you how to do it if you're unfamiliar with Linux Mint.

edit: The efi partition is actually like 100mb, the recovery partition is like 500mb.

Oh alright. Thank you for correcting me, I'm fairly new to Linux. 

are you using brunch?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

are you using brunch?

Yes, yes I am. r89 stable version to be precise.

6 minutes ago, Deveshkhatri said:

Yes, yes I am. r89 stable version to be precise.

I'd ask on their discord, I’ve gotten great help with it from there

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I'd ask on their discord, I’ve gotten great help with it from there

I'll join right away, thank you so much:-)

• 1 month later...

I also got the same issue. following steps mentioned here