LTT needs a updated video on UPSs/ LTT Forum UPS tier list

Go to solution Solved by mon1ka,

<removed by staff>

... OP the idea is cool but id post it in the video suggestions post as @ShrimpBrime recomended.

Recently my dorm room circuit breaker tripped 3 times in less than 2 month. But I noticed the last video LTT made about UPS is 5 years ago in 2016...

I think it is time to make a refresh video.

Especially regarding incompatibility issue between Simulated Sine Wave UPS and Active PFC power supplies (which most power supplies today are).

The worst part is, Most consumer grade UPS are Simulated Sine Wave UPS... which makes them "not recommended" for most power supplies today...

Maybe LTT forum should also come up with a UPS/PSU compatibility chart?

Speaking of which, for some reason EATON (which I known from powering LTT server and potentially set them on fire), they don't even list if their power supply is pure sign wave or simulated sine wave...  So does it actually matter?...

23 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

I think it is a legitimate question. after all MOST UPS are simulated sinewave and MOST PSU are active PFC. If they truly don't work together, why APC and EATON are still advertising them "for computers" and still making them?

Heck I didn't even pretend I know or care what "Active PFC" means. I am genuinely confused, that is why I am asking LTT to update their 5 year old UPS video that no longer really helpful. 

LTT had showed they installed a EATON UPS system, caught fire, and reinstalled one, and they mentioned UPS in their BIOS update guide, but there is shocking little useful information about consumer UPS in LMG roster...

I know I was being silly. But it was a really cool GIF, couldn't help myself.

A list it is. Perhaps the video suggestion thread is the place for your request??

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1322697-thread-for-linus-tech-tips-video-suggestions/#comments

<removed by staff>

... OP the idea is cool but id post it in the video suggestions post as @ShrimpBrime recomended.

Edited by SansVarnic

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

-= Topic Cleaned =-

DO I really need to explain why? Those of you involved should know better.

Continuation will result in unfavorable actions.

This is a good video suggestion but as for the second part:

2 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Maybe LTT forum should also come up with a UPS/PSU compatibility chart?

This topic will remain open and in place.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

19 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I know I was being silly. But it was a really cool GIF, couldn't help myself.

A list it is. Perhaps the video suggestion thread is the place for your request??

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1322697-thread-for-linus-tech-tips-video-suggestions/#comments

That would be a good idea, I was looking for a section in the forum specifically for video suggestions. I will post one in that thread instead.

37 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

That would be a good idea, I was looking for a section in the forum specifically for video suggestions. I will post one in that thread instead.

For sure man, glad to help. And sorry for being silly earlier in the topic that the ban hammer had to clean it up. I really wasn't trying to offend anyone, it was just a silly open post and I know better with this dude around. Not that I care about that, more so your feelings. Have a good day!