Asus VP249QGR 144hz on 60hz laptop

Go to solution Solved by SpacePilot7132,

It will work! Just make sure when you get it to actually activate 144hz by going to Display Settings->Advanced Display Settings->Display Adapter properties->Monitor tab-> then change the refresh rate in the dropdown menu.

Currently planning on buying a gaming monitor as an external monitor for my laptop. My laptop model is HP Pavilion gaming 15 ec0063ax that has an HDMI 2.0 port connected to the discrete graphics card (GTX 1650). I researched about monitor connectivity and I am worried that it will not be able to show 144 hz on the external monitor, if so, what could I do to use a 144hz monitor on my laptop?

It will work! Just make sure when you get it to actually activate 144hz by going to Display Settings->Advanced Display Settings->Display Adapter properties->Monitor tab-> then change the refresh rate in the dropdown menu.

45 minutes ago, SpacePilot7132 said:

Thanks a lot brother! I was nervous about it not working because some say that other older monitors just doesn't work with hdmi 1080p@144hz