Antique hardware

Hey guys , I have an old Lenovo laptop with amd E1-1500 cpu and integrated graphics. I don’t have any money to buy a new laptop so I thought to buy 4more gb of ram (has 2gb right now) and a 240gb ssd.will this laptop be enough for YouTube and Roblox , this laptop for my little brother 

can I get a model number for it.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

12 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

Hey guys , I have an old Lenovo laptop with amd E1-1500 cpu and integrated graphics. I don’t have any money to buy a new laptop so I thought to buy 4more gb of ram (has 2gb right now) and a 240gb ssd.will this laptop be enough for YouTube and Roblox , this laptop for my little brother 

Yes it will work. 

Roblox requirements are:

• CPU: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better. .. ( Your cpu is from 2013 and far outstrips the recommended specs)
  • CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz(doesn't matter)
  • RAM: 1 GB(you have 6gb)
  • OS: Roblox will install on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10
  • VIDEO CARD: Roblox requires DirectX 10 minimum and Shader Model 2.0. (Your igfx supports dx 11, so clear here too)

So yeah, it will work. and youtube works everywhere. I would suggest you install Windows 10 ameliorated or use Windows 7(If you don't care about security)

7 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

If he will be only doing roblox and youtube, I think a 120gb ssd and 2 more gb of ram should be enough for now.

Yep, should be fine. I would suggest a lightweight Linux distro too but Roblox only runs on Windows.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

16 minutes ago, sub68 said:

can I get a model number for it.

Lenovo g585

i have a netbook that i'm pretty sure uses that exact same processor...

"bare minimum" is the best way to describe it. it'll do youtube, it sure as hell wont do youtube at 1080p. it'll do some very light games, but "very light" is a defenate keyword here... 

9 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:
  •  

So yeah, it will work. and youtube works everywhere. I would suggest you install Windows 10 ameliorated or use Windows 7(If you don't care about security)

windows 7 will be a worse experience than windows 10. one of the few advantages of how much they dumbed down windows 10's UI, i show easy it became to run the whole thing.

9 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

If he will be only doing roblox and youtube, I think a 120gb ssd and 2 more gb of ram should be enough for now.

11 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Yes it will work. 

Roblox requirements are:

• CPU: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better. .. ( Your cpu is from 2013 and far outstrips the recommended specs)
  • CPU SPEED: 1.6 GHz(doesn't matter)
  • RAM: 1 GB(you have 6gb)
  • OS: Roblox will install on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10
  • VIDEO CARD: Roblox requires DirectX 10 minimum and Shader Model 2.0. (Your igfx supports dx 11, so clear here too)

Thanks , I am running now win 10 on the Hdd and it’s running slow , hope ssd will make a big difference 

2 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

Thanks , I am running now win 10 on the Hdd and it’s running slow , hope ssd will make a big difference 

HUGE.

probably even more so than on a faster processor, because a faster cpu will be able to load faster "after" waiting for a HDD to put together the data.

to make one of these poopy processors really usable, it's more important than people generally give it credit for to keep that cpu busy. any time the cpu is waiting for the hard drive, is time it is not putting into completing the work you're waiting for.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i have a netbook that i'm pretty sure uses that exact same processor...

"bare minimum" is the best way to describe it. it'll do youtube, it sure as hell wont do youtube at 1080p. it'll do some very light games, but "very light" is a defenate keyword here... 

windows 7 will be a worse experience than windows 10. one of the few advantages of how much they dumbed down windows 10's UI, i show easy it became to run the whole thing.

in what universe is windows 7 not easy to use for anyone?

Just now, WolframaticAlpha said:

in what universe is windows 7 not easy to use for anyone?

easy to run =/= easy to use.

windows 7's UI takes a lot more cpu horsepower to run than windows 10's UI. everyone who didnt throw their windows 7 netbook in the garbage before windows 10 came out will attest how much of an improvement windows 10 is on a shitty netbook processor.

42 minutes ago, manikyath said:

HUGE.

probably even more so than on a faster processor, because a faster cpu will be able to load faster "after" waiting for a HDD to put together the data.

to make one of these poopy processors really usable, it's more important than people generally give it credit for to keep that cpu busy. any time the cpu is waiting for the hard drive, is time it is not putting into completing the work you're waiting for.

Thanks for help

1 hour ago, NikitaSch said:

A ssd will make a lot of difference, imo it is one of the most important upgrades to any system, especially old ones.