how to control game audio and microphone for streaming?

how do you control your gameplay audio and microphone audio? currently using streamlabs OBS and the rode NT1 mic and beyerdynamic dt770 80ohms headphones connected to the rode AI-1, tried using voicemeeter banana but can only get output sound to work, guessing its cause the program sees the mic and output(headphones) as the same device? rather not have to buy a mixer(if that would do anything) least for now since ive only started streaming

With Voicemeeter, should have no issues so try describing what didn't work for you with it

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

With Voicemeeter, should have no issues so try describing what didn't work for you with it

sorry for the late reply, with using the AI-1 connected to the mic and headphones it shows as 1 device, in voicemeeter i set the first input as the mic(AI-1) and set the first output for the headphones(AI-1) i can get sound to work but the mic is flashing red and doesnt work no matter which driver i set it to, ill reinstall voicemeeter banana later when im free and take a screenshot if that helps

20 hours ago, Kilrah said:

was a sampling frequency rate issue, with help from a group on facebook i changed it and now the mic works with sound works, now to see if theres a way to control game audio on voicemeeter

Just send the game audio to one virtual input, comms audio to another and then you can adjust both those volumes separately. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

one issue ive been noticing is that some games dont have audio, hopefully fixed it by switching what frequency the virtual output cable uses but will see in the future