I believe I have a bottleneck and I need help fixing it

I have a GTX 1650 super and an intel core I3 9100F and im looking to upgrade to a core I7 9700 because of lacking performance in call of duty warzone I need CPU recommendations so that I can actually play the game and other games at a playable framerate. Thanks for reading :)

2 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

I have a GTX 1650 super and an intel core I3 9100F and im looking to upgrade to a core I7 9700 because of lacking performance in call of duty warzone I need CPU recommendations so that I can actually play the game and other games at a playable framerate. Thanks for reading 🙂

what are your full specs? You could have other problems like single channel RAM. 

Also the 9700F will still have major problems due to the lack of HT.

A 11400F + a B560 board would be a better option imo. If you have a large budget a Ryzen 7 5800x + Any decent B550 board would be pthe best option, although then you would have a GPU bottleneck

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I have an MSI B365M VDH PRO motherboard a 500 gig T-force Vulcan SSD for main storage one stick of ram (16 Gigs) and yes i know i need to fix that but I don't think that will fix my frames and i have five fans, my CPU cooler is the intel default and I'm using a Montech 80+ bronze beta power supply

3 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

I have an MSI B365M VDH PRO motherboard a 500 gig T-force Vulcan SSD for main storage one stick of ram (16 Gigs) and yes i know i need to fix that but I don't think that will fix my frames and i have five fans, my CPU cooler is the intel default and I'm using a Montech 80+ bronze beta power supply

That single stick of RAM is the main issue you need to worry about, not the CPU. You have to have dual channel memory to be able to get even decent performance, using just one single stick slows the game down massively.

Aside from that, there are other things you can improve, but you need to swap it for 2 8GB sticks before you even think about spending money to do anything else. Trust me, the performance gain with dual channel RAM vs single channel is huge.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

What would be a good RAM setup for my motherboard? i am on a budget

9 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

I have a GTX 1650 super and an intel core I3 9100F and im looking to upgrade to a core I7 9700 because of lacking performance in call of duty warzone I need CPU recommendations so that I can actually play the game and other games at a playable framerate. Thanks for reading 🙂

Considering you have a 9100F, means you're in low-mid budget

Get a 9600F or totally upgrade as 9th gen mobo is a dead end

2 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

What would be a good RAM setup for my motherboard? i am on a budget

2 8GB sticks at 2600MHz, or even 3000

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Just now, AMD A10-9600P said:

2 8GB sticks at 2600MHz, or even 3000

any specific brands i should look for?

3 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

any specific brands i should look for?

The memory brand really won't matter, cheaper is better here.

Also, DDR4 3000 and 3200 tends to be the cheapest memory generally available, if you go on pcpartpicker and check out DDR4 prices you can get some bargains.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#U=4&S=2666,5000&Z=16384002&sort=price&page=1

I also don't recommend spending much more than $200 on a 9th gen i7.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I need? ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explained, group reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The memory brand really won't matter, cheaper is better here.

Also, DDR4 3000 and 3200 tends to be the cheapest memory generally available, if you go on pcpartpicker and check out DDR4 prices you can get some bargains.

looking around on pcpartpicker i cant really find anything below 70 bucks, I wish I had just done better when I originally built my PC back in October

20 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

looking around on pcpartpicker i cant really find anything below 70 bucks, I wish I had just done better when I originally built my PC back in October

Yep, unfortunately nand prices are swinging back up.

You can try to find some used DDR4, ram is pretty durable so it's commonly on the secondhand market for good prices

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I need? ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explained, group reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yep, unfortunately nand prices are swinging back up.

You can try to find some used DDR4, ram is pretty durable so it's commonly on the secondhand market for good prices

would 8 gigs of ram be fan improvement of my one sixteen gig stick?

2 hours ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

would 8 gigs of ram be fan improvement of my one sixteen gig stick?

Most motherboards can operate in hybrid mode, I bet you could get 1x8GB and see a benefit from the system sometimes doing dual channel.

But this varies system to system, and ultimately I recommend you sell your current 16GB dimm and buy two new 8GB dimms instead, the price difference will be pretty small.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Most motherboards can operate in hybrid mode, I bet you could get 1x8GB and see a benefit from the system sometimes doing dual channel.

But this varies system to system, and ultimately I recommend you sell your current 16GB dimm and buy two new 8GB dimms instead, the price difference will be pretty small.

https://www.amazon.com/OLOy-288-Pin-Desktop-Gaming-MD4U083016BJDA/dp/B083NPX9TJ/ref=sr_1_8?crid=243X6GKK8IMB0&dchild=1&keywords=2x8gb+ddr4&qid=1619896032&refinements=p_36%3A1253505011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sprefix=2x%2Celectronics%2C179&sr=1-8 so this should theoretically fix my shitty frames on warzone and other games? 

18 minutes ago, vicrattlehead34 said:

It could, because warzone benefits from more memory bandwidth. You could check out some online benchmarks if you like.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

It could, because warzone benefits from more memory bandwidth. You could check out some online benchmarks if you like.

well on some other games such as GTA V stutter a little bit also and occasionally battlefield 4