I'm trying to save afterburner settings but it will not

So I'm trying to save some settings in afterburners. I change the core clock and memory clock then hit the floppy disc then click on of the numbers, but when I click on the number that I selected after the blue bar under number stopped blinking it goes back to the base settings I'm unsure if I'm saving these settings correctly. Anyone got any advise?

This is my interface

msiburner.jpg

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

Just now, Avanta8 said:

Have you pressed the tick to apply the profile?

im unsure where that would be on my screen, but I'll look.

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

25 minutes ago, Grungble said:

im unsure where that would be on my screen, but I'll look.

https://i.gyazo.com/d710b0b3030a32d07925e6fe116ee513.png

It's right there. You need to apply the clocks before hitting the save button.

1. enter desired clocks
  2. hit apply
  3. save profile
  4. ???
  5. profit

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

when I hit apply it just deletes the settings I have selected, and doesn't signal me to click on any profile, but when I click on the save button but it just tells me to click on a profile but when I look at the profiles it is just the stock clock. 

3 hours ago, Grungble said:

when I hit apply it just deletes the settings I have selected, and doesn't signal me to click on any profile, but when I click on the save button but it just tells me to click on a profile but when I look at the profiles it is just the stock clock. 

This is what I think you're doing (which is wrong):

Spoiler

fbbb7cf91e5d60f4d2df5c78127ee997.gif

You're setting your clocks, saving them to a profile without pressing apply, selecting the profile which is blank and wondering why it's not working.

This is the correct method:

Spoiler

4f1dd60ee52987a20c56b9c742786918.gif

I set my clocks, press apply, save them to a profile, select the profile, see that the profile has the correct clocks applied and then press apply one more time to make sure that they set. This is the correct method.

In short, you need to apply the clocks before you save them.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Am I doing something wrong here?

2 hours ago, Grungble said:

Am I doing something wrong here?

Yes. As @DildorTheDecent says you are not applying the clocks before saving (the tickmark button). See their second clip.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Yes. As @DildorTheDecent says you are not applying the clocks before saving (the tickmark button). See their second clip.

idk if this is what it's meant to do but when I click apply it deletes the clocks, like changes them back to the stock clocks.

1 minute ago, Grungble said:

idk if this is what it's meant to do but when I click apply it deletes the clocks,

Don't click any of the number buttons. Set your clocks, hit apply and only then hit the save button and a number. If it always resets than something is weird with your installation. Have you tried updating/reinstalling?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

Don't click any of the number buttons. Set your clocks, hit apply and only then hit the save button and a number. If it always resets than something is weird with your installation. Have you tried updating/reinstalling?

I haven't tried to reinstall but I think I will if this doesn't work. Update: it didn't work.

Edited by Grungble

32 minutes ago, tikker said:

I reinstalled and it's still doing it.

5 minutes ago, Grungble said:

I reinstalled and it's still doing it.

Make sure that your Afterburner settings are unlocked. There's a couple of AMD specific ones that you should try out and see if it helps:

https://i.gyazo.com/72af08b72ea111e894b8fa4f5b9ccbfc.png This is just an example on my RTX 2080 Ti. Since it's not an AMD GPU I can't enable any of the AMD compatibility settings. Unofficial OC mode is enabled in the config file in the install location.

The method I've described for applying an overclock works for sure. If Afterburner for some reason doesn't work with your GPU, then try AMDs own software if you can.

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Make sure that your Afterburner settings are unlocked. There's a couple of AMD specific ones that you should try out and see if it helps:

https://i.gyazo.com/72af08b72ea111e894b8fa4f5b9ccbfc.png This is just an example on my RTX 2080 Ti. Since it's not an AMD GPU I can't enable any of the AMD compatibility settings. Unofficial OC mode is enabled in the config file in the install location.

The method I've described for applying an overclock works for sure. If Afterburner for some reason doesn't work with your GPU, then try AMDs own software if you can.

kk will do.

it's still doing it I have the same settings, here's what I'm doing.

16 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

This is what I think you're doing (which is wrong):

Reveal hidden contents

fbbb7cf91e5d60f4d2df5c78127ee997.gif

You're setting your clocks, saving them to a profile without pressing apply, selecting the profile which is blank and wondering why it's not working.

This is the correct method:

Reveal hidden contents

4f1dd60ee52987a20c56b9c742786918.gif

I set my clocks, press apply, save them to a profile, select the profile, see that the profile has the correct clocks applied and then press apply one more time to make sure that they set. This is the correct method.

In short, you need to apply the clocks before you save them.

4 hours ago, tikker said:

I have reinstalled around 3 times and it's still doing the same thing.

You're still not clicking apply before you hit save. Also, as suggested above, give AMD's own software a try.

9 minutes ago, Grungble said:

I have reinstalled around 3 times and it's still doing the same thing.

Are you still doing it via the method above? Because I'll say this for the last time: Your method is wrong. Make sure to copy this method exactly:

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/2b367d191ce0672d09ffc5ceefde9956.gif

1. Enter your desired core frequency
  2. Enter your desired memory frequency
  3. Click Apply

That's it. Just forget about profiles for a second. Make sure you are applying the OC to begin with by pressing this button: https://i.gyazo.com/fc0cf43d3bad556e713af95476aa3feb.png.

Follow the GIF in my spoiler exactly as displayed. I've already explained it twice and that's a third time now. I will not be back in this thread because frankly, I don't have patience.

6 minutes ago, tikker said:

You're still not clicking apply before you hit save. Also, as suggested above, give AMD's own software a try.

ok thanks for letting me know.

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Are you still doing it via the method above? Because I'll say this for the last time: Your method is wrong. Make sure to copy this method exactly:

Reveal hidden contents

https://i.gyazo.com/2b367d191ce0672d09ffc5ceefde9956.gif

1. Enter your desired core frequency
  2. Enter your desired memory frequency
  3. Click Apply

That's it. Just forget about profiles for a second. Make sure you are applying the OC to begin with by pressing this button: https://i.gyazo.com/fc0cf43d3bad556e713af95476aa3feb.png.

Follow the GIF in my spoiler exactly as displayed. I've already explained it twice and that's a third time now. I will not be back in this thread because frankly, I don't have patience.

ok I think that's the wrong recording, whenever I set the core and memory clock I want and hit apply it puts it back down to stock clock.