Daisy-Chaining corsair fans.

BabyYoda785
So, I have a ICUE 5000x rgb case, and I want to daisy chain 2 fans together, (it comes with 3). I don't know how to do this, but they are going to be plugged into an Commander Core fan hub, (from the aio I'm getting) The reason I'm daisy chaining, is because the commander core only supports 6 fans, and I have 7. (The 3 case fans, 3 fans from the aio, and one back fan.) So If someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way I also have an asus prime x570, if that helps in any way.

3 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

You could splice and solder one to the other but you might aswell just get a Y splitter like this one

Will it work, if I do that, and than plug it into the commander core? I want to be able to use ICUE

1 minute ago, BabyYoda785 said:

Will it work, if I do that, and than plug it into the commander core? I want to be able to use ICUE

I never used ICUE so I'm not familiar at all with that. Maybe someone else can answer that

Just now, ZeouLs said:

I never used ICUE so I'm not familiar at all with that. Maybe someone else can answer that

Ok, Well thanks anyways!

31 minutes ago, BabyYoda785 said:

fan splitters make the two fans look like one fan to the controller, and both fans plugged into the splitter will run the same speed.

Powerspec 1530 (Clevo PB50DF2) ~ i7 10875H ~ RTX 2070 Super 115W ~ 32GB DDR4 ~ 2x 1TB NVMe ~ 2TB 5400RPM ~ 1080P 240hz matte IPS

Gigabyte G1 GA-970-SLI ~ FX 8320 @ 3.3Ghz, 1212mV ~ 16GB DDR3 ~ Radeon 570 4GB ~ 512GB NVMe ~ 2x 1TB HGST 7200RPM

Xtras ~ Dell 22" 1680x1050 matte IPS monitor ~ Logi M705 mouse ~ PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox One controller ~ Sony XB950N1 headphones ~ Epson V700 film scanner

Streaming Setup ~ OBS Studio with AMF encoding ~ iVCam bridged to LG G6 ~ Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface ~ TONOR condenser cardioid mic

On 4/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, BabyYoda785 said:

Daisy-chaining is only supported by some fans. But overall its same as if you were to use splitters. You are still powering/controlling fans from one header. So the benefits and restrictions are same. IIRC Commander headers are at least the same as mobo headers, so connecting two fans to one header is not problem. They will show as one fan, but any controls applied will be applied for both.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You should be able to get the fan working by a splitter, but no clue how you'd manage to control the RGB on them without any additional controllers. Not sure either, if splicing wires would work for RGB, perhaps someone else knows, I'd be interested to know this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 8:40 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Daisy-chaining is only supported by some fans. But overall its same as if you were to use splitters. You are still powering/controlling fans from one header. So the benefits and restrictions are same. IIRC Commander headers are at least the same as mobo headers, so connecting two fans to one header is not problem. They will show as one fan, but any controls applied will be applied for both.

Will I still be able to control the rgb for those 2 fans (even though they show as 2) through the commander core? I'm using a 360mm rad, plus 3 fans in the front and one in the back, and I plan to daisychain 2 of the front fans so that they would fit in 1 port. Because the commander core has space for 6 fans. 

40 minutes ago, BabyYoda785 said:

Will I still be able to control the rgb for those 2 fans (even though they show as 2) through the commander core? I'm using a 360mm rad, plus 3 fans in the front and one in the back, and I plan to daisychain 2 of the front fans so that they would fit in 1 port. Because the commander core has space for 6 fans. 

RGB and fan controls are done separately anyway. Idk if you can split Corsair RGB, but if you can, then the effect should be same.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv