Compatible Waterblock for the ASUS rtx3070 TURBO card

Martin Moesby
Go to solution Solved by emannxx,

I made a video with a step-by-step guide on how I undervolted mine. I'm still looking for alternative coolers for this bad boy so, if you find one, hit me up! 

Here you go. 

Ps: I forgot to mention in the video but you can also save the undervolted settings as a "Profile" (click the padlock on the top right side of the afterburner window, then click the floppy disk on the bottom middle part and then click "1" below the padlock).

Hi,

I have recently purchased the above mentioned GFX card.. why you might ask? Well, it was the only one available. Downside is that it is a blowerstyle cooler - it makes one hell of a racket, when the tiny 80mm fan spins up to 95% when running games in vsync on 144 Hz monitor 😞

So, does anyone know, or know anyone who knows if there is a waterblock for this puppy?

Same boat as you. I don't think there are any water blocks available for this specific model yet, however, the 2070 Turbo got some from various brands, so I expect it to be a matter of time.

In the meantime I managed to "fix" the ridiculous noise by undervolting the card and setting up a custom fan curve. The factory curve attempts to keep the card at ~60ºC all the time... which, at the default voltage, makes the fan run at full speed. 

Right now I'm running it at 1830mhz with 868mV - this voltage allowed me to set up a wider fan curve which only goes above 50% if the card reaches 70ºC (which it rarely does, even at full load). It's very much ok for me in terms of noise (not silent, but also not unbearable).

I dont really care about high clock speeds since this card is fast enough for me to run anything I'm playing atm with 1800-ish mhz, you might lose some performance if you do need extra clock boost speeds for what you are playing.

image.png.cbc446aef8ad1b816341b6bc727be6a3.png

image.png.976c8fdf368a73bd1647b6ce58fa7b51.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to setup the voltage/frequency curve, but it doesn't seem to be working 😞

I cannot get it to use the same curve, that you are showing..

I'll keep trying though.

Thx again

I made a video with a step-by-step guide on how I undervolted mine. I'm still looking for alternative coolers for this bad boy so, if you find one, hit me up! 

Here you go. 

Ps: I forgot to mention in the video but you can also save the undervolted settings as a "Profile" (click the padlock on the top right side of the afterburner window, then click the floppy disk on the bottom middle part and then click "1" below the padlock).

• 3 months later...

Hi Martin,

I have the same card and I am in the process of mounting a Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120. I have made mounting brackets on my 3D printer and it looks fine 🙂 However, I need to mount a copper plate between gpu/ram and aio. The copper plate is on its way, and when I have it I will probably test how it works 🙂

If it works fine I can send the files so you can also 3D print them. Otherwise I can print them and send them to you. I live in DK 🙂

I can upload some pictures later today if it has intreasse?