I found a graphics card (rx 5600 xt)

Sigfried
1 minute ago, jaslion said:

That is not at all reasonable tho. It's not a card that performs like the ones in that pricerange.

what price would you give it?

I'm actually curious

I would not call a 5600xt for what should be the price of a 3060 ti a “reasonably priced card”

maybe around 200 euros would be what I would expect to see it going for in normal times

4 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

I would not call a 5600xt for what should be the price of a 3060 ti a “reasonably priced card”

mmh, and you think 338€ for an XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP HDMI is still too much? (I now have doubts and  would like to understand how much and if I overpaid it)

Just now, Sigfried said:

mmh, and you think 338€ for an XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP HDMI is still too much? (I'm trying to understand how much I overpaid it)

around 200 euros is what I would expect for a card like this, it’s around the perfomance of a 1660 ti/2060

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

around 200 euros is what I would expect for a card like this, it’s around the perfomance of a 1660 ti/2060

damn, but the pricing history does not go much under that... oh well, what's done is done and I'm happy I didn't pay it 400+ (which is what I've been seeing lately on the site, and the reason for which I called it reasonable)

Thanks a lot for the info.

Just now, Sigfried said:

damn, but the pricing history does not go much under that... oh well, what's done is done and I'm happy I didn't pay it 400+ (which is what I've been seeing lately on the site, and the reason for which I called it reasonable)

Thanks a lot for the info.

Honestly in the current situation it is not *that* bad, in relative terms that is a deal

A reasonably capable card for a decent price is pretty hard to find now, given the present worldwide chip crunch/cryptomining/predatory scalpers. While I'd not say it's a good deal, ask yourself this, "Can I find anything better at that price range?"

Prices of high end cards here in my neck of the woods, converted from local $ to USD:

RTX 3090 = 3280USD

RTX 3080 = 2490USD

RX 6900 XT = 2034USD (Sapphire Nitro+)

Consider this, the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT I'd gotten some 3+ months back cost me 1334USD (that's a 700USD increment in less than 4 months!), see where this is going? My advice is, IF the card has the performance level you need, and is priced as what you define as 'decent', then snag it.

Hopefully, it'd last a couple of years, fulfilling your gaming needs before the next upgrade. But, if you have anything, and I do mean anything, half decent that can tide you over for now and the near future, then just wait and bide your time.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

9 hours ago, Sigfried said:

what price would you give it?

I'm actually curious

It performs like a 200€ class card so yeah almost double the price it should be

7 hours ago, GamerDude said:

Hopefully, it'd last a couple of years, fulfilling your gaming needs before the next upgrade. But, if you have anything, and I do mean anything, half decent that can tide you over for now and the near future, then just wait and bide your time.

Oh no, I managed to get a good card back in november 2020, I was just notified by amazon for no reason about the re-stocking of this one, so I tought I'd share it here, who knows maybe I made someone happy.