PC overheating on normal games

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
4 hours ago, coredrakoz said:

Okey, sry for waste your time😅

No worries!

Hello i hope you can help me, i bought my pc 3 years ago and since 1 month ago it overheat to 70° Celsius and going up , i changed the thermal paste and formatted the pc completly and  it didnt worked. im thinking about the liquid refrigeration problems or cpu problems.

Pc:

I5-7600K

Asus ROG STRIX Z270F

Enermax liqmax 120 mm

Asus dual 1070

G.Skill RipJaws (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16

Corsair RM750x 80PLUS Gold

1 minute ago, coredrakoz said:

Enermax liqmax 120 mm

Are you sure the pump is still working, that evaporation in the loop isn't an issue?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Guy_Incognito said:

Once you confirmed the pump is working and evaporation is not an issue as Radium_Angel suggests, have you made sure to clear dust from the fins of the radiator?

How i check that? 😬

The pc also does a beep when starts the pc and the pump insta moves making sound, i searched for the start beep and it says its DRAM refresh failure.

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Are you sure the pump is still working, that evaporation in the loop isn't an issue?

43 minutes ago, coredrakoz said:

The pc also does a beep when starts the pc and the pump insta moves making sound, i searched for the start beep and it says its DRAM refresh failure.

A single beep is basically a sign from the mobo that is "hey, I'm booting up, everything is normal" 

47 minutes ago, coredrakoz said:

How i check that? 😬

How old is the AIO?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

A single beep is basically a sign from the mobo that is "hey, I'm booting up, everything is normal" 

How old is the AIO?

Since i bought the pc, aprox 3 or 4 years

Just now, coredrakoz said:

Since i bought the pc, aprox 3 or 4 years

In my limited experience with All-In-One liquid coolers, and from what I have read around this site and others, 3 or 4 years is about the lifespan of them, and a sign they are failing, is gradual heating up of the CPU and a general inability to cool the CPU.

My guess is it's time to a new one. But I am not an expert on these AIOs.

If you still have your old stock air cooler, swap them out and see what happens

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

In my limited experience with All-In-One liquid coolers, and from what I have read around this site and others, 3 or 4 years is about the lifespan of them, and a sign they are failing, is gradual heating up of the CPU and a general inability to cool the CPU.

My guess is it's time to a new one. But I am not an expert on these AIOs.

If you still have your old stock air cooler, swap them out and see what happens

I dont have another, you  said Iexactly what happens to me ahahah but i m not 100% sure because if i change it and it didnt fix the problem... what i do with the cooler?

I dont have another, you  said Iexactly what happens to me ahahah

Air coolers are cheap on eBay/Amazon/NewEgg/AliExpress.

I'd pick one up and see how it goes. It's a cheap way to figure out if it's the AIO or not at fault.

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Air coolers are cheap on eBay/Amazon/NewEgg/AliExpress.

I'd pick one up and see how it goes. It's a cheap way to figure out if it's the AIO or not at fault.

Noctua NH-L9x65 its good for test?

2 minutes ago, coredrakoz said:

Noctua NH-L9x65 its good for test?

Noctua overall have a solid rep. I can't speak for that specific one, as I don't use Noctua coolers, but I know they are highly regarded, just make sure it comes with the proper brackets for your CPU

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Noctua overall have a solid rep. I can't speak for that specific one, as I don't use Noctua coolers, but I know they are highly regarded, just make sure it comes with the proper brackets for your CPU

Okey, thanks mate!

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

One thing, sometimes my pc makes a fps lag, dont know why temperature dont increase, % of waste dont increase too

1 minute ago, coredrakoz said:

One thing, sometimes my pc makes a fps lag, dont know why temperature dont increase, % of waste dont increase too

Let's tackle one problem at a time. We'll get the CPU temps under control, and then move on to low FPS

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Let's tackle one problem at a time. We'll get the CPU temps under control, and then move on to low FPS

Today i started the pc and instantly 80 °c its just random

1 hour ago, coredrakoz said:

Today i started the pc and instantly 80 °c its just random

Your AIO radiator should have been warm, as the hot water flows through it to get cooled by the fans pushing air through the fins. Did it feel warm or cold?

40 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Your AIO radiator should have been warm, as the hot water flows through it to get cooled by the fans pushing air through the fins. Did it feel warm or cold?

it was cold when i started but after it feels warm

20 minutes ago, coredrakoz said:

it was cold when i started but after it feels warm

So the pump isn't entirely dead, but still not up to the task of cooling the CPU properly it seems.

Time for that cheap air cooler to compare with!

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So the pump isn't entirely dead, but still not up to the task of cooling the CPU properly it seems.

Time for that cheap air cooler to compare with!

i bought this one : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2

i bought this one : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2

That's a good one, let us know if it solves the issue

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

it comes tomorrow, its my first time installing this so im watching some videos how to install ahahah

On 4/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Hello, my motherboard broke, it cost 90€ to repair im thinking about ugrade to 3700x, what motherboard i should choose?

1 hour ago, coredrakoz said:

Hello, my motherboard broke, it cost 90€ to repair im thinking about ugrade to 3700x, what motherboard i should choose?

How did you break your mobo?

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

How did you break your mobo?

I didnt know but they said it broken..