Luke was right about Titanfall 2

orangecat

I picked up Titanfall 2 on Steam after seeing Luke rave about it on the WAN show and honestly it's way better than I thought. Maybe consider picking it up while it's still on sale.

Respawn does indeed make very nice shooters. 

both Titanfall 1 and Titanfall 2 are great shooters. 

and Apex Legends take the gunplay from the titles. Too bad EA decided to try to murder Titanfall 2. 

Titanfall 2 get a 2nd life when they released it on Steam last year. I had fun playing it in SP and MP. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Titanfall 2 is my personal favorite multiplayer EA game. Not that there are a whole lot to choose from. Shame it wasn't allowed to take off.

2 hours ago, danomicar said:

Titanfall 2 is my personal favorite multiplayer EA game. Not that there are a whole lot to choose from. Shame it wasn't allowed to take off.

I personally prefer BF4 but Titanfall has a pretty good campaign mode. Reminds me a bit of Crysis and Halo.

The movement in TF2 is absolutely insane, it's basically a love letter to quake and old-school arena shooters 

i do the writing of things hello | they/them

• 4 weeks later...

mixed on titanfall 2, some is good while for other of its content is mixed.

To me some of the movements are stiff and doesn't always prove well in combat and more so when the guns are made for different use cases.

As compared to the PvP or PvE experience, PvP is unbalanced but you can... "find a balance" or at least sort of. (which might prove to be some fun to the madness) The issue in combat when it comes around aiming down sight or not. Not all guns are made to be used on the move.

Titans is hard to balance in PvP, so sometimes it becomes a mess while if you get better, it might feel and start to become less of a mess, but still a mess.

Some annoying mods for the weapons, level up in PvP grind, and think the grind was reduced years ago when first released?

Not to say that the game isn't fun, it is. Just having some things newer players has to get around.

As for the movement, it will make certain builds more OP and for some players the learing of the maps and how to play on them can become harder due to its creation around this type of movement and paths for titans with another path for pilots. But it will become easier to manage the longer you play.

If there was a new title, more PvE focused modes that teaches movement and weapon combos. Might also utilize more movement, due to no more need to balance it for PvP.