Any way to improve this? it's my first build

BluePolar
Go to solution Solved by FRD,

Build looks good to me, but here are some suggestions.

You chose a good motherboard with a separate Wifi card. You could also try to see if you can go for a motherboard with Wifi built in, if the price is reasonable.

For the SSD, the Crucial P2 is good, but see if you can get the Crucial P5. I sometimes see it for around $60, actually even a few days ago. It's much faster than the P2 and it's TLC instead of QLC. Retail price is $80 though, so I would only get it if there's a small price difference.

Budget (including currency): $1200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games, editing and entertainment

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zNGrQD

Build looks good to me, but here are some suggestions.

You chose a good motherboard with a separate Wifi card. You could also try to see if you can go for a motherboard with Wifi built in, if the price is reasonable.

For the SSD, the Crucial P2 is good, but see if you can get the Crucial P5. I sometimes see it for around $60, actually even a few days ago. It's much faster than the P2 and it's TLC instead of QLC. Retail price is $80 though, so I would only get it if there's a small price difference.

thank you 🙂 the SSD was one of the things I had no clue what to use so this is very helpful.

I found a 500gb one for 63$ 

Just now, BluePolar said:

thank you 🙂 the SSD was one of the things I had no clue what to use so this is very helpful.

I found a 500gb one for 63$ 

No problem.
Which one did you find? The P5 or another one?

One more thing by the way. The CPU cooler seems okay, even though I never heard of it before. Just to let you know, the Ryzen 5 3600 also comes with a stock cooler that works fine (not a hot one like Intel's). You could also use that and save some money, but it will just look plain and black with a little AMD logo on there.

5 minutes ago, FRD said:

No problem.
Which one did you find? The P5 or another one?

One more thing by the way. The CPU cooler seems okay, even though I never heard of it before. Just to let you know, the Ryzen 5 3600 also comes with a stock cooler that works fine (not a hot one like Intel's). You could also use that and save some money, but it will just look plain and black with a little AMD logo on there.

I used the p5 one 500gb. I chose that cooler because i really liked how it looked haha

On 4/24/2021 at 6:33 PM, BluePolar said:

I used the p5 one 500gb. I chose that cooler because i really liked how it looked haha

Good choice after all, the P5 is better and longer lasting than the P1 and P2. The cooler seems cool looking, can't judge the cooling performance as it's unknown to me.