Will this ARGB controller work?

FRD

My motherboard does not have an ARGB 3-pin header, just two 4-pin RGB headers.
Can I buy one of these and use a splitter cable to run multiple ARGB components? I want to run only 2-3 ARGB components (no fans). I'm aware that all of them will light up the same depending on the setting, because the signal is splitted.

https://aliexpress.com/item/4001268492296.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.422134fbBe8dFr&algo_pvid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1&algo_expid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1-0&btsid=2100bdf116191943567812216ebb37&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

or

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001351526650.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.422134fbBe8dFr&algo_pvid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1&algo_expid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1-1&btsid=2100bdf116191943567812216ebb37&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

(I prefer the second one with the remote)

Another question. Does anyone know of a (cheap) ARGB controller that has 4-pin RGB motherboard sync too?

I prefer to run everything through Aura Sync instead of a separate controller.

I only found this one that does what I want (ARGB support+4-pin RGB motherboard control):

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/

This one is quite expensive though, like $30+.

i am going to say that this will not work at all because your motherboard doesnt have an ARGB 3 pin header and you are asking about what would plug in to an ARGB 3 pin header.

what is your mothrboard?

9 hours ago, FRD said:

My motherboard does not have an ARGB 3-pin header, just two 4-pin RGB headers.
Can I buy one of these and use a splitter cable to run multiple ARGB components? I want to run only 2-3 ARGB components (no fans). I'm aware that all of them will light up the same depending on the setting, because the signal is splitted.

https://aliexpress.com/item/4001268492296.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.422134fbBe8dFr&algo_pvid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1&algo_expid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1-0&btsid=2100bdf116191943567812216ebb37&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

or

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001351526650.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.422134fbBe8dFr&algo_pvid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1&algo_expid=91926c78-4c5b-4deb-8906-800c16a6d0e1-1&btsid=2100bdf116191943567812216ebb37&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

(I prefer the second one with the remote)

Another question. Does anyone know of a (cheap) ARGB controller that has 4-pin RGB motherboard sync too?

I prefer to run everything through Aura Sync instead of a separate controller.

I only found this one that does what I want (ARGB support+4-pin RGB motherboard control):

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/

This one is quite expensive though, like $30+.

buy rgb stuff or buy an usb controller. dont put argb stuff on a rgb header.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, tdkid said:

i am going to say that this will not work at all because your motherboard doesnt have an ARGB 3 pin header and you are asking about what would plug in to an ARGB 3 pin header.

what is your mothrboard?

Okay, I think it's not worth the gamble then. That means either I must use a separate controller or control ARGB through some SATA controller only.

I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming.

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

buy rgb stuff or buy an usb controller. dont put argb stuff on a rgb header.

Thanks for the advice. I already got a workaround, I think it will be too tricky to control ARGB stuff through my RGB header. By the way, I looked back at my older RGB topic too to get some ideas (I asked about the controller before).

4 minutes ago, FRD said:

Okay, I think it's not worth the gamble then. That means either I must use a separate controller or control ARGB through some SATA controller only.

I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming.

Thanks for the advice. I already got a workaround, I think it will be too tricky to control ARGB stuff through my RGB header. By the way, I looked back at my older RGB topic too to get some ideas (I asked about the controller before).

with the Asus ROG boards. i think your 3 pin headers are the ones with the white plastic around the pins so it might work but personally i wouldnt try. i have some RGB fans in my case but they are corsair fans connected with a commander pro and lighting node core which cnnects to the USB header on my board for control and to a SATA port from my PSU for power.

3 minutes ago, tdkid said:

with the Asus ROG boards. i think your 3 pin headers are the ones with the white plastic around the pins so it might work but personally i wouldnt try. i have some RGB fans in my case but they are corsair fans connected with a commander pro and lighting node core which cnnects to the USB header on my board for control and to a SATA port from my PSU for power.

I think you meant 4 pin headers there. Yeah, they are white plastic around. I won't try then.

Can your RGB controllers be controlled by the motherboard too or is that USB connector only for power?
Maybe you can recommend me RGB controller with USB connectors that work with all ARGB products? I don't want Corsair, since they mostly only work with their own products. I can also get a SATA power controller only, plenty of options out there.

Just now, FRD said:

I think you meant 4 pin headers there. Yeah, they are white plastic around. I won't try then.

Can your RGB controllers be controlled by the motherboard too or is that USB connector only for power?
Maybe you can recommend me RGB controller with USB connectors that work with all ARGB products? I don't want Corsair, since they mostly only work with their own products. I can also get a SATA power controller only, plenty of options out there.

i was looking at the Asus site and their pics are not the best qaulity when zoomed in so its hard or impossible to see what the boards have. 

i can not as i just started with the RGB stuff myself but you will find that most products from the ones that make RGB products only work with themselve. like corsair has theirs, Asus has theirs, etc. etc. there is no company out there that makes products that will work with other products as far as i am aware. and most of the time the USB connection is for control, the SATA will be for power.

38 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i was looking at the Asus site and their pics are not the best qaulity when zoomed in so its hard or impossible to see what the boards have. 

i can not as i just started with the RGB stuff myself but you will find that most products from the ones that make RGB products only work with themselve. like corsair has theirs, Asus has theirs, etc. etc. there is no company out there that makes products that will work with other products as far as i am aware. and most of the time the USB connection is for control, the SATA will be for power.

I see, you're just starting out too. I know Corsair mostly works with their own products, but some brands work with all products, like Cooler Master. Actually Asus has the Aura Sync Terminal, but it's not sold anymore and it costs a whopping $100 for just a RGB controller. Actually some lesser known brands also make controllers that work generally with most fans, strips, etc. I need to look more into RGB controller with USB connections.

1 minute ago, FRD said:

I see, you're just starting out too. I know Corsair mostly works with their own products, but some brands work with all products, like Cooler Master. Actually Asus has the Aura Sync Terminal, but it's not sold anymore and it costs a whopping $100 for just a RGB controller. Actually some lesser known brands also make controllers that work generally with most fans, strips, etc. I need to look more into RGB controller with USB connections.

asus has aura sync, msi has mystic light, gigabyte has rgb fusion, etc etc. some lesser known brands will onle work with their products and software because they want you to become depenant on them or it will allow them to make money to become a name brand. from the 1 product i looked at from cooler master, it will not work either has it has a 5 pins and a 2 pin connection on it not the 3 pin you need.

most of the good ones in my opinion are going to connect to your motherboard by the internal 9 pin USB header which will allow for more rgb then you could want or need since the ARGB headers are limited to i think 5v

3 hours ago, FRD said:

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

5v device to 12v mb header